DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so far i've done a cat back exhaust, K&N intake system, ported throttle body, and BD tuner for my 4.7. I'm wondering what else I can do for a little more horsepower/torque that wont break the bank??

·
8,054 Posts
Not sure if they make any long tube headers for the 4.7's but if they do that would be your best bet. Did you change out the factory Y-pipe as well?

On a side note. I have pretty much the same engine mods done to my 4.7 minus the ported throttle body. How do you like yours? Do you feel like it actually made a significant difference? It's one of the things I've been on the fence about doing.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Not sure if they make any long tube headers for the 4.7's but if they do that would be your best bet. Did you change out the factory Y-pipe as well?

On a side note. I have pretty much the same engine mods done to my 4.7 minus the ported throttle body. How do you like yours? Do you feel like it actually made a significant difference? It's one of the things I've been on the fence about doing.

I did mine :gy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

For the exhaust I did the standard from the CAT back didnt get to crazy with it because I already had all this other stuff on the credit card :LOL: I just recently started looking around for a decent set of headers for the 4.7 but have been unlucky in my search so far.
As far as the throtlle body I got that after I saw Asur's write up on it. To me it feels like I have much better throttle response then with the stock TB and I really felt a difference with the BD tuner on the 91 octane setting. IMHO I think it's definately a mod worth doing because it would work well with the other mods you already have.

·
8,054 Posts
I did mine :gy:
For the exhaust I did the standard from the CAT back didnt get to crazy with it because I already had all this other stuff on the credit card :LOL: I just recently started looking around for a decent set of headers for the 4.7 but have been unlucky in my search so far.
As far as the throtlle body I got that after I saw Asur's write up on it. To me it feels like I have much better throttle response then with the stock TB and I really felt a difference with the BD tuner on the 91 octane setting. IMHO I think it's definately a mod worth doing because it would work well with the other mods you already have.
Haha, for sure. I definitely know how that goes. It can add up on the credit card pretty quick unfortunately.

Ya, can't say I've seen any headers for the 4.7's around either.... If anything I've maybe read a bit about them in snrusnak's build thread. Might be worth checking out.

That's what I'm thinking. The throttle body should work well with the tuner and other mods I have... especially if I bump up to the premium tune (I've only ran the regular tune so far). I think that will definitely go on my list of future mods. Unfortunately this month my mod fund is a little low. Had to finish paying off my lift and now I have a few extra things to buy because of it such as spacers for my airbags and an adjustable drop hitch. The list is never ending!! :doh:

Hopefully sometime in the fall I'll be able to get a throttle body on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
have any of you tested your trucks on the track or a dyno after adding these 4 performance mods (exhaust, CAI, BD tuner, & Throttle Body) ?
just wondering what the results are or could be for what it loks like the max potential this enigine...?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a K&N cai, custom cat-back (flowmasters), and a bully dog triple dog gt tuner. I've been wondering as well what I could do to get more power. There aren't any long tubes or any superchargers for the 4.7, the aftermarket for our trucks are limited. Please let me know if you guys find anything! Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a K&N cai, custom cat-back (flowmasters), and a bully dog triple dog gt tuner. I've been wondering as well what I could do to get more power. There aren't any long tubes or any superchargers for the 4.7, the aftermarket for our trucks are limited. Please let me know if you guys find anything! Thanks!
I would read up on a ported throttle body Asur has a great write up about his installation process and what you can expect from it. I myself feel it made my pedal a little more responsive, but i'm no expert so I would read up on it first. Hope this helps!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts