DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see what everyone is using for a tune in regards to there superchips Cortex,Flashpaq,or Vivid.....
I have the Cortex and am currently running the 91 performance tune with 93 octane with my own shift schedule(compliments of silshemi ,he's the man) and 6% Torque Mang. for most shifts (2p has stock TM and 4th is half of its stock value)....Love my current setup.
I was running 93 performance tune with 93 octane and now that I've changed I am getting an extra 1 mpg or so (same driving manors) and Have NOT noticed any power loss between the 93 and 91, maybe cause i'm still using 93 octane....
Anyways list up your current setup/tune and also which one that you have tried that ya like best.....
:smiley_thumbs_up:......Eric

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I'm currently using the Diablo Sport 91 performance tune. Wish I could get 93 fuel, as I would like to go further. :)

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I use the 93 tune 99% of the time. Eventually I'd like to do the advanced trans tuning and set up shift schedules of my own and adjust TM to where I want it.

Just the other day I started using 91 ethanol free fuel and kept it on the 93 tune and all was good. No pinging or anything. I think I'm going to be able to get away with this setup as long as there's not a load on the truck. I did tune it to 91 shortly after and am going to monitor timing advance for a few days, then tune it back to 93 and monitor the timing advance. If the advance is more than with the 91 tune I'll leave it. If I notice it's pulling advance then I'll go back to the 91 tune (since this would mean the knock sensors are hearing pinging and are pulling timing).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have super chips cortex. I'm running the 87 tune with ethanol free gasoline and super chips trans tune (with CAI and magna flow 18). Currently I average about 15-16 city mpg and I regularly get 20 mpg on the highway, even up to 22! I tried the 91 tune but did not notice enough of a difference that it was worth it to me. 93 octane is nowhere to be found in my area. Also tried the mileage xs tune on a 500 mile drive to texas and I got worse MPG than 87 tune with much less power.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow havent been on in a while... need to start again haha
Im running the 93 performance tune with my superchips flashpaq and running 14's in the 1/4 mile ;) OH and forgot to mention im a 4.7L guy..
I tried the Diablo trinity and didnt like it. Could tell a huge difference between the two. I believe diablo advertises 28HP gains when superchips advertises 54HP gains.. Lovin' my superchips. Havent messed with any of the parameters besides the fan temp everything else is from the template tune. :smileup:

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Ethanol free fuel is like dinasour droppings in my area.

I wish I could still get ethanol free fuel....

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
As much as I wish there wasn't ethanol in the gas, I tried using ethanol free fuel with the 91 tune for a month or two, and noticed no real difference. I thought I did at first but after a while I realized it was just driving routes/habits had changed. I stopped going out of my way for it and I don't think I lost any performance or mpg...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts