DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to always get the outside 3m tape ones and I have notice that the in channel ones r really cool but I installed the in channel ones on my girls 07 civic and the look good but when u use the windows they always grab the window and gotta manually roll them up. Any suggestions on which brand and type of ventshades r good for my truck.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the in-channel ones on my last truck (silverado) and they worked flawlessly for 4 years. I am going to get the same ones for my ram. Don't like the idea of the tape, if the carwash will rip em off then be stuck with the tape on the doors.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i use to have the stick on ones on my truck but thats because i couldnt find the inchannel ones but i did find a set and im pretty sure there egr ones and i love them

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I have avs in channels and painted them mineral grey to match the truck! Never had any issues with them! Best thing to do when installing is get them up high as u can in the channel then roll the windows up and leave them their for a few days!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I have the tape on dealer sold them, i believe they are vent shades

only thing that i don't care for is they make the drivers door pillar blind spot huge, its a real hassle on winding roads

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
EDIT: links are for 2010 not sure if 2011 will fit that one or not. i believe they are the same though.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
AVS in channel's all day.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have the WeatherTech in channel. Have had them on four vehicles with no problems.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm gonna give the in channels a try and I'll post pics up on of my truck when I get them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the PUTCO inchanel, they also are very nice. they look very similar to the weathertech's. They have a lifetime warranty for what thats worth.. Got all 4 for my crew cab for about $65.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the AVS in-channel, love them, very clean looking vs the ones you stick outside. Like the other member posted, leave the windows up for a day or two after install. Sometimes when you roll down the window, you may hear what sounds like the tape not sticking...don't worry, they aren't going anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts