DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a Fabteck 6" long arm suspension and I want to put 37" tires
What wheel specs should I look on a wheel so that I dont have issues ?
Also will I need to re-gear?

·
Registered
747 Posts
What is your current gearing and what size wheel are you looking for? Width and diameter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what I know about the truck is that is fully stock truck.

I want to put 20" wheels on it but I would like the specs so that It dosent come out too much/ and just needs minor trimming. Going to put the pocket fender flares so that It can help a bit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will go to 35" on 18"/17" wheel if the tires dosent stick much out. My wife already hates the idea that the truck is going bigger but I and her dont like the wheels sticking out too much

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What Im looking for is what this user has. I know that they are a 35" tire on a 20" wheel but I dont know the rest of the specs. Can someone tell me?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Wheel width will play a factor in the specs needed to get your desired result. A 10" wide wheel will need a higher offset than say a 8" wide wheel to sit (stick out or not) the same. So as an example lets say that you have an 8" wide wheel that sits perfectly flush with the fender. The offset is -0- (so 20x8 with zero offset). If you want the same exact fit with a 9" wide wheel you will need to find a wheel with an offset of +12mm to sit flush with the fender. Lets say you want a 10" wide wheel and you want the same exact fit, you will need to find one with a +24mm offset. So with that said find a set-up that you know the specs of ( width, back spacing and offset) then do the math from there. Without knowing the specs of the truck pictured it's hard to say. If I had to guess I would say that the wheels are probably 9" wide (assuming thats a 35x12.5 tire) with an offset of about -10 ish
Here is a pic of my truck, it's not the greatest but its all I have right now. The wheel specs are 20x9 -6mm. As you can see they stick out slightly.
You will also have to factor in the fender flares. If you have flares that stick out 1.5" you will have to add that to the wheel specs to get the same fitment.
As an example on my truck. If you wanted the wheels to stick out past the flares exactly the same as they do now without the flares you would need a wheel with an offset of about -38mm (vs the -6 and assuming a 1.5" flare). Or step up to a 10" wide wheel and go with an offset of about -26mm.

photo.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NWRQC

Thanks for the explication it really helped alot.
BW your truck is a Dodge so its already great :smileup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheel width will play a factor in the specs needed to get your desired result. A 10" wide wheel will need a higher offset than say a 8" wide wheel to sit (stick out or not) the same. So as an example lets say that you have an 8" wide wheel that sits perfectly flush with the fender. The offset is -0- (so 20x8 with zero offset). If you want the same exact fit with a 9" wide wheel you will need to find a wheel with an offset of +12mm to sit flush with the fender. Lets say you want a 10" wide wheel and you want the same exact fit, you will need to find one with a +24mm offset. So with that said find a set-up that you know the specs of ( width, back spacing and offset) then do the math from there. Without knowing the specs of the truck pictured it's hard to say. If I had to guess I would say that the wheels are probably 9" wide (assuming thats a 35x12.5 tire) with an offset of about -10 ish
Here is a pic of my truck, it's not the greatest but its all I have right now. The wheel specs are 20x9 -6mm. As you can see they stick out slightly.
You will also have to factor in the fender flares. If you have flares that stick out 1.5" you will have to add that to the wheel specs to get the same fitment.
As an example on my truck. If you wanted the wheels to stick out past the flares exactly the same as they do now without the flares you would need a wheel with an offset of about -38mm (vs the -6 and assuming a 1.5" flare). Or step up to a 10" wide wheel and go with an offset of about -26mm.

View attachment 26514

So will this specs of wheels work with the fender flares to stay flush with them?

20x10 wheel size
8 on 6.5 bolt pattern
Backspace 4.56 in.
Max Load = 3200lbs
Finish = Matte Black
Hubcentric = No
Offset = -24mm

Just want to be 100% sure before I place the order, bringing all the stuf from USA to Venezuela so If I get something wrong it will be a big problem :smiledown:

·
Registered
747 Posts
NWRQC

Thanks for the explication it really helped alot.
BW your truck is a Dodge so its already great :smileup:
No problem, glad it made sense.

So will this specs of wheels work with the fender flares to stay flush with them?

20x10 wheel size
8 on 6.5 bolt pattern
Backspace 4.56 in.
Max Load = 3200lbs
Finish = Matte Black
Hubcentric = No
Offset = -24mm

Just want to be 100% sure before I place the order, bringing all the stuf from USA to Venezuela so If I get something wrong it will be a big problem :smiledown:
No those wont work. They are the wrong bolt pattern, you need 5x5.5 (139.7mm)..Well I dont recall if you said your truck was a 1500 or 2500, those would fit a 2500 but not a 1500. As far as the other specs I think that those would fit the bill for you as long as you have the fender flares on. By chance do you know how thick the flares are, or how far they stick out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Truck is a 2500:smileup:

Its the bushwacker fender flares and they say on the website that it has 2.50in

·
Registered
747 Posts
So if you have the 17x8 wheels I belive the offset if 43.1mm.
The wheel you want (20x10 -24mm) will stick out 92mm further than they are now or 3.6" further than your stock wheels. So subtract 2.5" (for the flares) which leaves you with 1.1". If you measure out 1.1" from your stock wheel (measure from the rim) thats how your new wheels will sit with the flares. Make sense? I'm not to keen on the 2500/3500 wheel specs, but i'm thinking that the wheels will sit pretty close to flush and not stick out (beyond the flares).

·
Registered
747 Posts
No Problem. Post up some pics when its done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts