DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I have a 97 ram with 147,000 miles. I've put a bunch of time and money into it (lift, tires, exhaust, sound system, etc etc) I can feel it getting a little tired and I just know the day is coming when my tranny lets go. So I went to the dealer today and I found an 04 extended cab hemi with 55,000 miles on it. I have no problem taking a car payment. So at first I was thinking its a no brainer, it has about a third of the miles and its 7 years newer. But my only thing is that im going from a head turner (Mine) to a completely bone stock truck. And im not sure if I want to do that. Has anybody else every been in this situation? And what would you do if you were me? Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do whats best for you. Personaly if it was me and the truck you have is still in good condition (no rust, no oil burning, leaks etc) then i would try to change something to make it more enjoyable or fun. It all comes down to what you can afford but either way its a ram so:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've been there. Had a '98 1500 4x4 qc sport that I had modded to where I wanted it. It got to the point that it was turning into a money pit and was gonna cost more than it was worth to fix. I loved my truck and didnt want to let it but it was the right thing to do. So, I picked up a stock '06 2500 4x4 qc ST and the modding has begun. Over all I'm glad I did it. The Hemi is way better than the magnum. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been there. Had a '98 1500 4x4 qc sport that I had modded to where I wanted it. It got to the point that it was turning into a money pit and was gonna cost more than it was worth to fix. I loved my truck and didnt want to let it but it was the right thing to do. So, I picked up a stock '06 2500 4x4 qc ST and the modding has begun. Over all I'm glad I did it. The Hemi is way better than the magnum. :smiley_thumbs_up:
Yeah I think im just going to do it. I know ill be happier in the long run with the 3rd gen, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do whats best for you. Personaly if it was me and the truck you have is still in good condition (no rust, no oil burning, leaks etc) then i would try to change something to make it more enjoyable or fun. It all comes down to what you can afford but either way its a ram so:smiley_thumbs_up:
Its on fair condition, the guy before me had the metal towing mirrors on it so there is 4 holes in both doors that are starting to rust. I should really have them fixed but I just hate leaving my truck at the shop and not having it for a few days. My rockers are starting to get a little rusty, but no burning oil or spots in the driveway. :smileup:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
move to the newer Ram...you will enjoy the performance more with the hemi..and just start modding it... I feel your pain with your decision though.. I have an 05 hemi with over 200k miles and plan to keep this one..

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
if it was me and i knew it was going to cost way more than what the truck was worth i would trade in and let the modding begin on the new truck and get that one to where you want it....but actually i dont think i would trade it i would prolly try to sell it cuz you will prolly get a little more money that way:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts