DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
New to the forum so not sure if this is the right place to post. Have a 1994 Ram 2500 diesel extended cab long bed. A friend smashed the whole roof in with refrigerator. I need to find a new cab and wanted to know what years will bolt on to the second-gen ran. I'm assuming 1994-1997 is strige swap out. How about 1998-1999 Quad Cab? Also where can find rust free cabs I'm in Southern California. The truck has 770k on and was really looking to hit the 1 million mark.
Thank you for any info or leads.
Peter

·
Registered
129 Posts
The cabs interchange, but the interior/seats/seatbelts/wiring harness are year specific, yours won't go into a '98 or newer when Dodge added the rear door. If you use the front clip as well, the engine accessories mountings change. You can still buy 1/2ton 2WD with a blown tranny, off the street, in AZ or NV for less than 1000USD, scrap/sell what you don't need, probably make money, I've done it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cabs interchange, but the interior/seats/seatbelts/wiring harness are year specific, yours won't go into a '98 or newer when Dodge added the rear door. If you use the front clip as well, the engine accessories mountings change. You can still buy 1/2ton 2WD with a blown tranny, off the street, in AZ or NV for less than 1000USD, scrap/sell what you don't need, probably make money, I've done it.
Thank you for the sound advice. That is exactly what I,m planning on doing this weekend. Got a trailer from a friend and going to rent a truck from Enterprise and go grab one of the many cheap trucks with a bad engine and or trans.
Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the sound advice. That is exactly what I,m planning on doing this weekend. Got a trailer from a friend and going to rent a truck from Enterprise and go grab one of the many cheap trucks with a bad engine and or trans.
Thanks, Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts