DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year did dodge start putting the TPMS system on their trucks? I have a 2004 and looking at getting a set of new rims and tires and was wondering if I had to buy new tpms stems. Personally if it does I would rather delete this option and go to old style valve stems what would it do to the warning lights on my truck?

·
Registered
471 Posts
not sure what yr they started this but alot of times you can just put the sensors from one wheel into another. they do rebuild the sensors when they put new tires on ,switch them to different wheels etc. if you left them out youd have to deal with an annoying light on the dash. that being said when i had my tacoma and wa son that forum a few members there actually built a pvc canister with a valve stem on it and put there sensors into it they filled it with air and the trucks puter them learned the new air pressure thus leaving the light on the dash off.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
only 06+ have TPMS, it might even be 08+.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
TPMS was standard equipment in the Rams in the 08 model year.
I stand to be corrected, but I believe there were a few late production 07's that got this option. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kewl thanks to all that posted this was great insite on how I wanted to tackle my next set of tires and rims
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2012 Ram 1500 Reg Cab
167 Posts
I have an 06 ram 1500 slt with the Hemi and I have tpms sensors from the factory....

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Chrysler started putting TPMS into Dodge Rams at the Assembly Plant in 2008, they were made by Schrader, so was the 2009 TPMS made by Schrader

In 2010 - 2012 they were made by VDO

the chart is on this page
http://www.chryslertpms.com/

TPMS Information

The TREAD (Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation) Act
requires that 100% of all passenger cars, light trucks, and buses manufactured in the United States after September 2007 be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So do all the TPMS's work together or just the ones from the same manufacturer? I.e will the sensors off a 2010 work on my 2011? They are both mfg'd by VOD. I'm looking at buying a set of used winter rims that already have these installed and am curious if they will work...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts