DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm missing the fun but not the aggravation!
Well guys it’s been a week since I got rid of my migraine headache. It feels good that that the problem is gone but I’m missing it physically!
I finally got confirmation from DMV that everything I was getting pounded on was in fact correct.
They did offer a few solutions, although not good ones. I could get off the hook for the truck tags but I’d be on the hook for emissions testing. What’s the worse of the two evils? There are also a host of other evils. Do I want to go down that street?
I did ask why they were not on the same sheet of music with the county as far as what was considered a truck for tax purposes. Seems there is a bit of wrangling in the method of madness. They did offer to try and change it but with no guarantees that it would work. Once the county has the vehicle in its system they don’t like to let that go as it’s a loss of revenue.
They also informed me that the EZ pass network was clamping down on its use of passenger car transponders on trucks too. Yea, been there done that too!
The problem lies in nobody is on the same sheet of music as far as what a truck is. Never mind the body of the vehicle. That’s a whole different story too. I guess it boils down to how greedy are the folks looking for people like me?
This is how they consider it a truck.
VA DMV - 10000 + LBS
Fairfax County – 7500 + LBS
EZ Pass – 7900 + LBS

·
Registered
355 Posts
You're going to be right on the line for the county and EZ Pass. I'd go to a CAT scale and weigh your truck with a full tank for a base line maximum weight. After this remove all extras you possibly can (spare tire, tools, jack, etc) the next time you go to fuel up and be as empty as possible and get your minimum weight...of course if the maximum weight is less than the county and EZpass weights you're fine.

Also, being a diesel you are going to be subject to emissions testing anywhere that is close to the liberal mecca in the north east or far west. The benefit is that if you look to tune up the truck all of the reputable tuners have an "emmissions tune" that runs the truck at half power (yes, half of stock power) to beat the emissions test no matter what mods you have (ex. dpf and egr deletes).

I personally would fire both the state and county and get the heck out of VA, but that's not always reasonable!

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Better move to loudon county
Its a proven fact and cheaper, to stop voteing for lib/dems.
Get rid of the liberal politicians, you eliminate the tax problem.
All the liberal wants to do is to spread YOUR WEALTH around to the lazy people.
Speakin of that.... how`s all your hope & change workin out..!
Keep voteing the stupidity into office, its gonna get ALOT worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts