DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4wd Crew cab. I have a Mopar cold air intake, a Diablo Sport Trinity tuner, Flowmaster exhaust. I am looking to get more power and I am not sure what the next step should be. I am not that knowledgable about engines and mods but I would like to learn...Any ideas?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Headers without question. After that, move onto a ported TB, cam, then heads if you want to go that far.

ARH have a great (and only) set of LTs but are quite pricey. Alot of people are trying out the JBA Shorties which is about 1/3rd the price and still produce good numbers.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
exactly what doz said. get a fastman t/b and some headers. go with JBAs if emissions are a factor. Go with American racing if you have the money and plan to get a custom dyno tune.

after that I'd go cam or forced induction.

edit: don't forget about an Edge or Circle D torque converter...something in the 2600-2800 rpm range.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Headers without question. After that, move onto a ported TB, cam, then heads if you want to go that far.

ARH have a great (and only) set of LTs but are quite pricey. Alot of people are trying out the JBA Shorties which is about 1/3rd the price and still produce good numbers.
Do I need the Y pipe also? Like I said not that knowledgeable...on the TB does it matter what size...85mm 90mm?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yeah, you dont wanna replace the y-pipes if you go w/ long tubes as youd be wasting money. Decide on shorties or LTs then if you go with LTs, worry about a y-pipe.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are magnaflows that much better then the flowmasters? I can get the magnaflow system pretty cheap. I think the American racing headers are gonna come in a couple weeks also. Just looking to get the best bang for my buck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.