DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Not had my Dodge too long now but so far I've raced three Chevys and a Ford. I have an '07 Quad Cab 4x4 with a 5.7 btw.

First race against a 2001 s10 ext. cab automatic trans 2WD..
WIN.. waxed it good

Second against a '07 Chevy Silverado 2WD single cab with a 4.7..
WIN.. by a couple car lengths..

Third race against 99 Ford F150 ext cab 4x4 with a 5.4 Trition..
WIN.. also couple car lengths..

Last race happened few hours ago. Really got to me. Not sure how I lost this one. Against a '01 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab 2WD with a '06 5.3 engine installed in it. He got me by three or four car lengths. How is thiss?? I looked up the numbers when I got home and I'm pushing a minimum of 45 horsepower and a min of 50 foot-pounds of torque more than him..

all answers appreciated thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also look at the weight of the trucks too.....that extra hp and torque you have might just be eaten up moving extra weight down the road.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Those 5.3s are stong little engines. They are basically mini LS1s. ITs not hard to hide a cam and a set of ported heads on em and have it sound/idle stock. Throw 2400-2800 stall on it and you have your self a hell of a little street truck

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Not sure if 1/4 et was faster but my last new truck was a special ordered 99 rcsb/stepside 5.3/3.73 posi and it was much quicker and responsive than my rcsb/3.92 hemi. It would def would have given my hemi hell in the 1/8 straight off the floor. It was more fun to drive in the city because that's where most of the short runs were. I don't think it only weighed 4k lbs...at least it didn't like it. Btw...the love juice and handle it well...don't count yourself short. You seem like a good sport...not many and would admit that. I salute you for ur honesty. Good races and great story. ~S~

·
Registered
46 Posts
The wieght differance and the 5.3l trucks have a real 6speed tranny. This gives them a hell of a first and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
171 Posts
not in that one the tranny in that one is a 4L60E which is a 4 speed auto. my cousin has an 03 z71 single cab with a 330hp 5.3L factory, a tune, intake, and exhaust. my quad cab hemi with a tune, cai, headers, and exhaust is even with his truck depending on who gets off the line first depends on the winner he got me once from a 60 mile an hour roll, then two weeks later i got him from a 60 mile an hour roll. so if you haven't get a diablo, cai, and change the exhaust and the outcome might be different next time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You have to consider weight also. The 4X4 system slows trucks down TREMENDOUSLY! I had a 2001 GMC SCSB 2WD with a 5.3, longtubes, intake, programmer, and 3.73s and I'm sure it would give my hemi hell and maybe outrun it. The 5.3 is an LS style engine and they are VERY strong as SS4LUCK stated.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
also, what mods do you have? stock for stock i can see you doin well, but when you run a modded chevy, boy you better have some matching mods to do well...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts