DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering what your recommendations would be on tires and wheel sizes for my 2012 ram sport 1500 with a 2.5in level kit. Im currently looking at the Fuel Kranks and a tire like the nitto grapplers or toyo open countrys. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm currently running the 20x9 fuel Kranks on mine and am looking at putting a bilstein 5100 adjustable sit at 2.1 with some 285/60/20 goodyear duratrac. If I'm correct I believe it is a 34inch tire.

·
8,090 Posts
Lots of it will depend on personal preference and the look you like. I was running 20x9 -12 offset wheels with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's with a 2.5" level. There's lots of pictures in my wheel/tire thread linked in my signature below if you want to take a look.

I regret not going with a 20x10 to have a deeper lip though. So if you like the deeper lip look go with a 20x10 -12 offset. However you'll have a little more trimming to do with that set up if you run a full 35x12.5.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so i have decided to hold off on the tires for now. But im set on the fuel kranks 20x9, and already have the 2.5 inch ready lift leveling kit. The tires I have currently are Cooper Discover A/T3's 275/60R20 and have no idea what to do as far as offsets on the wheels. I want the wheels to be flush. Also I have been looking at the wheels online and it doesnt specify the bolt patterns when choosing them. Is there a way you can tell?

·
8,090 Posts
If you want to be close to flush with that tire size you'll want a +12 offset for a 20x9 wheel.

The bolt pattern you need is 5 on 5.5 (139.7mm). Just specify that when you order the wheels and you will get the right stuff. Talk to the guys at Bully's Performance about getting the wheels. Send them an email at [email protected] stating that you're a forum member and exactly what you want and they'll send you a quote.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looked into the +12 offset and they werent available and the closest was a +14 but it has been discontinued, any other suggestions on what offset to get to achieve a close to flush stance?

·
8,090 Posts
Well you can either push out further from there or tuck under more... up to you. Your next options are a +1 offset or a +20 offset. +1 will have your tires stick out about 0.5", +20 will have them tucked under the fender about 0.25" The choice is up to you....

Do you have any plans to put flares on your truck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe down the road, but not for a while. And also if I want to put bigger tires on later say some 35s, will an offset like +1 or +20 stop me from going any bigger than my 275/60s? Sorry for all the rookie questions just trying to get things figured out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright so I ordered the 20x9 fuel kranks with the +1 offset, with the truck leveled will i be able to fit some duratrac 35s without any rubbing? If not what size should I go to that wont look stuffed. If there is any pictures of similar setups could you redirect me to them or post them here? Thanks.

·
8,090 Posts
Alright so I ordered the 20x9 fuel kranks with the +1 offset, with the truck leveled will i be able to fit some duratrac 35s without any rubbing? If not what size should I go to that wont look stuffed. If there is any pictures of similar setups could you redirect me to them or post them here? Thanks.
Yup you'll fit them no problem. Check out the Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing linked in my signature. There's a number if links in there to different wheel/tire set ups on different trucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems like all the posts i see refer to everyone using a +1 offset, does the +1 sit out further than a 0? Or do i have this all backwards?

·
8,090 Posts
Seems like all the posts i see refer to everyone using a +1 offset, does the +1 sit out further than a 0? Or do i have this all backwards?
Technically no, a positive offset tucks the wheel/tire under the truck further while a negative offset pushes the wheel/tire out further. However a +1 and 0 offset are essentially identical. There's only 1mm (1/16") of difference between the two.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im still undecided on the tire choice, not sure if i should go to a 295/65 rather than the full 35x12.50 to avoided looking stuffed. Is there any other tires you guys would recomend that come in these sizes that are aggressive looking?

·
8,090 Posts
The tire size is really up to you. Some guys like a bigger tire, some like them a little smaller. It's all personal preference. I'd recommend just looking through picture threads to determine what you like. There's tons throughout the forum. The stickied ones in the wheel and tire section of the forum would be a good place to start.

The more aggressive looking tires that guys run are typically Toyo MT's, Nitto Trail Grapplers, or Nitto Mud Grapplers. If you want an AT tire that's pretty aggressive looking check out the Toyo AT2 Extreme's or the regular AT2's

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the Fuel Kranks with a +20 and am running a 275/65/20 toyo opencountry a/t2 and love the look. I also have the bilsteins sit at 2.8....The tires are sitting flush with the truck but I don't have any fender flares on....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the Fuel Kranks with a +20 and am running a 275/65/20 toyo opencountry a/t2 and love the look. I also have the bilsteins sit at 2.8....The tires are sitting flush with the truck but I don't have any fender flares on....
Do you have any pictures you could post of this setup?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So ive been looking around on the forum and im still undecided on my tires ive been searching and searching for pics of 295/65/20 and 275/65/20 nitto trail grapplers. Some the 295's look stuffed and then others look perfect, and sometimes the 275's look really good and then they look too small other times. Also the 275's are a little bit cheaper. HELP!!! What should I do?? My new fuel kranks are just sitting in my shop and getting a little impatient! I want them on :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts