DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of wheel spacers are you guys running? These are going to be used with billsteins and 35 inch tires, Just don't know which brand is decent as far as wheel spacers go!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just picked up a set of wheel spacers/adapters from a local shop, I beleive based on the part number that they are from Custom Wheel Accessories, Inc.

http://customwheelaccessories.com/index.php/all-products/wheel-adapters/5-lug-adapters.html

I called the 1-800 number on their site and was quoted 45/ea or so for the size I bought, plus the shipping.

I was able to find them through a local shop, Top Shelf Tires in Ramsey, MN and was able to pick them up for 39.99/ea.

If possible I would definitely advise buying from a local shop that has an account through them, as they are more likely to get a better price for you. Also try checking on Ebay, you may be able to locate the same parts.

Hope this helps.

-Ramaniac

·
8,073 Posts
Motorsport Tech is the company you want to buy the spacers from. They make the best wheel spacers/adapters around hands down. A key thing with wheel spacers is making sure they're hub centric, not lug centric otherwise you will have issues with wobbling/vibrations at highway speed. Motorsport Tech makes custom spacers for your application so they will fit perfectly on your truck. Lenny (the owner) is a great guy to deal with and will make sure you get what you need. Give him a shout at [email protected].

·
Registered
351 Posts
Motorsport Tech is the company you want to buy the spacers from. They make the best wheel spacers/adapters around hands down. A key thing with wheel spacers is making sure they're hub centric, not lug centric otherwise you will have issues with wobbling/vibrations at highway speed. Motorsport Tech makes custom spacers for your application so they will fit perfectly on your truck. Lenny (the owner) is a great guy to deal with and will make sure you get what you need. Give him a shout at [email protected].
^^^This^^^

Hub-centric is a must. I've purchased them off ebay for my past two trucks without issue. These were both with factory 20" wheels though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271462154219?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
204 Posts
Whew, I'm having some serious debate here about getting spacers.. I just recently lifted my 2wd and my front wheels are sticking out about 2 inches further than my rear (I got a spindle lift) - some people say do spacers, some are saying don't do it or you will most definitely die (I'm being sarcastic, but it was close to that). I am torn. I want to do it so I don't need to get new rims, but on the other hand, I don't want to be cruising down the highway and end up in a ditch @ 70 mph.

I hear discount tire and alot of shops won't even touch your ride if you have spacers on it. Any truth to that?

·
8,073 Posts
Whew, I'm having some serious debate here about getting spacers.. I just recently lifted my 2wd and my front wheels are sticking out about 2 inches further than my rear (I got a spindle lift) - some people say do spacers, some are saying don't do it or you will most definitely die (I'm being sarcastic, but it was close to that). I am torn. I want to do it so I don't need to get new rims, but on the other hand, I don't want to be cruising down the highway and end up in a ditch @ 70 mph.

I hear discount tire and alot of shops won't even touch your ride if you have spacers on it. Any truth to that?
If you buy good quality, spacers you won't have any issues. I ran 2" BORA spacers on my 3500 for almost 30,000 km (18,750 miles) with no issues at all. Including a daily highway commute and a few times towing +/- 10,000 lbs. I'll be running the spacers again this coming winter when I put my stock wheels/37's back on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Another important thing to mention is that 1.5" is the smallest spacer to use for our trucks before you have to cut the studs to a shorter length so the wheel mounts properly/flush. For example, if you put 1" spacers on you would need to cut roughly .5" off of your wheel studs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with a 3/8 wheel adapter from motorsport tech. Lenny is an awesome guy to deal with and he really helped me out. They should be in monday or tuesday and then pictures to follow with the level and 35's!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What brand of wheel spacers are you guys running? These are going to be used with billsteins and 35 inch tires, Just don't know which brand is decent as far as wheel spacers go!
I run the BONOSS forged wheel spacers, Hub-centric, fit well. I highly recommend it, they're awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts