DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering I was thinking about putting wheel spacers on my truck to give it a tougher look then add some fender flares. So my question is are they bad for your truck all info will help. I don't know brand but they run around 135$ for pair of two and they are 1" spacers

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
the only thing I can think of is that it MAY cause the hubs/wheel bearings to prematurely wear...but it would still take a long time. I ran 1" spacers at all four corners of my wrangler for at least 6 years with no problems.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
oh, I did have to trim a few threads from the stock lugs b/c they stuck out from the spacers a little preventing the wheel from mounting flush.

cmatt, you are talking about spacers like these...right?
http://www.spidertrax.com/1987-06-Wrangler-1984-01-Cherokee-2002-Up-Liberty?sc=2&category=9999

Exactly, Several companies make great spacers. Personally I prefer the spidertrax. The decision on which brand you use is yours. As for the above mentioned wear issue, it would be no different than putting a wheel with less backspace on your vehicle. The spacers are a great low cost alternative if you dont have the cash for new wheels. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully, they are easy to install, but you want to install them correctly! I have run them on many vehicles and never had an issue (including my Jeep on 37"s wheeling the Rubicon and Moab). I have seen several failures and every single one of them was user error (failed to torque to spec, failed to remove disc retaining clips, etc.), I have never seen a spacer fail due to materials or workmanship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts