DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was washing the Ram today and noticed that they basically skipped every other hole when putting the screws in to attach the sheet metal to the wheel well. Why? To save a few pennies? Seems like it might be worth getting some of the screws just to keep rocks etc. from getting up between it...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well you save a few pennies per screw, Say you save $1.00 in screws per truck, multiply that by the 300,000-400,000 projected trucks built this year and you just saved yourself over a quarter of a million dollars... Prob wouldn't hurt to get screws in there.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, this has come up before. I noticed the same thing when installing my aftermarket splash guards. However, I noticed that the missing holes on the opposing fender wells were all symmetric...in the same place from side-to-side. What are the odds of that? Come to find out, some of the empty holes are for factory fender flares. The inner fender well is securely in place on mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you save a few pennies per screw, Say you save $1.00 in screws per truck, multiply that by the 300,000-400,000 projected trucks built this year and you just saved yourself over a quarter of a million dollars... Prob wouldn't hurt to get screws in there.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as I was looking at them. A penny here a penny there... Just one of those things I guess. :) I'll stop by the dealer and see if they have them since they should come with the little back plate too. Ill post the price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your post is right on! I am screw salesmen to the auto mfg's. Actually trim screws cost around 4-5 cents each! The price of steel has gone up dramatically the past 5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts