DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey first timer posting,

I just ordered a 6 inch rough country lift. Going to put it on at my buddy's house soon. I want to leave the stock wheels and tires on for a little while before I get an idea of what wheels and tires to put on. If I do that I need wheel spacers and the kit recommendeds 1/4 inch spacers. Not to sure where to buy those. So help with that I could use

The lift recommends 35s with 5 inch backspace with 18 in or 20 inch rims or 37s with 5.5 inch backspace with 18 or 20 in rims. Ive seen trucks on google images with 37s on a 6 inch lift . Toyo open countries on XD rims. That sounds a little pricy for the wheels not sure how much they are. Not trying to go cheap but also not wanting to break the bank. I like the chrome rims look with the holes like Mickey Thompson rims. Any help or suggestions I'd appreciate. I'll post pics of the lift when it's done.

Thanks a bunch

Shaneo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lifting and adding appropriate tires/wheels isn't a project that's going to be accomplished on a tight budget. Even the price difference going from 35 to 37 is likely to be a few hundred bucks. Same for 18 to 20" wheels. Sticking with 35s and 18s will be your cheapest option. This site always seems to have good prices, but I've never used them. https://rimzoneonline.com
Check out their package deals and then do some Googling to see if there are any better deals on what you're looking at. They should be able to confirm fitment for your setup.

Not trying to be an a-hole, but if you (or your buddy) aren't knowledgeable enough to know where to get spacers, do you have the experience to install the lift safely?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just did a 6" lift, tires and wheels and I work for a very large auto service company. All said and done, I still have a touch over 5k into it, even with the discounts I get, which are pretty big. The only thing I didnt get a discount on was the lift kit, because we just dont carry them. Like has been said, doing a project like that isnt inexpensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reply to both

I just did a 6" lift, tires and wheels and I work for a very large auto service company. All said and done, I still have a touch over 5k into it, even with the discounts I get, which are pretty big. The only thing I didnt get a discount on was the lift kit, because we just dont carry them. Like has been said, doing a project like that isnt inexpensive.
Right on guys,

Yeah my buddy's dad helped him out on lift kit for his truck. The dad is defineftly competent about mechanics enough to help us through the build. I think we can do it. I might need to rent torque wrenches from somewhere if they don't have them. I was looking online for spacers I'm sure I could get em at o Reilly's or a truck store. My question was more so does spacers even come in 1/4 inch because all the ones I've seen are 1 1/4 , 2 inch. Anyways yeah I'm already invested with this lift kit. I just gota keep saving for the wheels and tires now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is this the 2wd or 4wd kit? What size are your stock wheels? You may be able to use them with the kit without spacers but ONLY with the stock tires.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So did this get resolved or like all the threads I help in.....no one gives a crap about the information I give?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I appreciate you man just checked my email. Looks like I'm going to go with new wheels and tires. It's the right way to do it. So now I'm just looking for the right tire shop to buy them at. I'm looking online as well. Going to do a little shopping around and see what's best for me. I want 37 inch tires on an 18 inch wheel with 5 inch space. Should fit just fine and that's what the kit recommends. If you know any wheel and tire websites that'd be awesome. It's a 4wd

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went 35x12.50R20 on 20x9 Fuel Lethal wheels. To me it's perfect. Unfortunately I feel this is one of this but once cry once items. I'm on a 6" suspension lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts