Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I just installed a new wheels and tires setup
Fuel d668 nitro 17×9
With offset - 12
With mud tires 285 70r17
And im worried if this new setup will damage my fenders paint from rock chips Because the tires stik out the side of the fenders And i already have mud flaps

will the mud flaps be Enough?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Your only options are go back to a rim that keeps the tires inside the stock fenders or purchase a set of fender flares.

I had a set of Bushwacker fender flares on my 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi and they worked great, I bought them in the already painted to match option, expensive yes but they really finish the look of the truck. Will they rub the paint where they contact the fender? yes but you never see it and won't be taking them off so does it really matter?

Here is a photo of my old 2016 Ram 2500.

2E0C6B60-1F05-4300-AE33-5DCE84726D37.jpeg

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Here’s a pic of mine with the fender flares. I got the Bushwackers prepainted for $515 off of Amazon. Checked back later that day because I wasn’t sure about buying them in December, but the price had jumped up $200 so I kept them. My wheels are 0 offset with 295/65/20’s wrapped around them

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here’s a pic of mine with the fender flares. I got the Bushwackers prepainted for $515 off of Amazon. Checked back later that day because I wasn’t sure about buying them in December, but the price had jumped up $200 so I kept them. My wheels are 0 offset with 295/65/20’s wrapped around them View attachment 134418
View attachment 134419
Cool looking truck

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
What do you think about mopar fender Flares they are for 408$
Are they better than the Bushwackers?
They don't offer much coverage. I think the bushwackers like RaceHillFarms and I have would give you the coverage you're looking for.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
How much coverage do those give? 1” or 2” or 3”? Are those paintable? I personally like the look of them painted over just the plain exposed plastic. What look are you going for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure about the coverage
And i thinks it's paintable Because they are plastic but i'm not going to paint them i only want to protect my paint.

Here’s a pic of my truck

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
The bushwackers that I ins have 2.75” of cove if I remember correctly. Mine came painted to match my truck. I personally like that better. If you want to paint them it’s best to do before they installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts