DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to check how much your insurance will be!!

I contacted my insurance company (Allstate) with the exact VIN of the truck I was looking at. They quoted me a whopping $200 (With a $1000 deductible.) per month! I had been with them for almost ten years. I had my house insurance with them. I have had (As my new agent at State Farm put it "squeaky clean") no violations on my record, ever.

When I balked at the price they did the "We'll see what we can do." They came back with a $146 quote. Why the hell didn't you say that at first? Not that it was all that better

So I told Allstate to put insurance on the new truck when I bought it since I was driving 3 hours with the new truck to bring it home.

The next day I went shopping for insurance. State Farm quoted me $66 (With only a $500 deductible.) a month for the truck and they shaved $10 a month off my house insurance. So, I had to cough up another $400 for first month, last month etc.

I couldn't believe the almost $140 ($150 with house) a month savings State Farm had over Allstate.

Moral of the story is check with your insurance company and remember if you switch you will need the extra money for the new insurance company.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My 2013 1500 Sport loaded was 14 bucks cheaper for the year than my 08 cummins 2500 with 36000 miles. They mailed me a check for the difference...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Yeah I switched about a year ago and saved a ton of money. Was kicking myself for not doing it 2 years prior when I got the new truck. When you're on their plan so long they probably figure you're not going to switch and keep raising rates.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Was paying $216/mo for every imaginable insurance on the truck plus a little extra for my stereo system, after it got written off my rate would have stayed the same, but I checked with the company my fiancee's with and coupled with our condo, house, and her car, I'm now paying $95/mo. It's always worth shopping around.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My insurance went down about $10 month from my 2008 Mega Cab.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow... This is crazy... You are getting so riped off by your insurances...

Here in Québec, it cost me 91$ a month for my 2012 RAM 1500, 2006 Yaris RT and a trailer. That includes 250$ franchise and 100% value in the first 3 years

·
Registered
256 Posts
I pay $100/m for 2009 SLT Crew Cab, No tickets, clean record, $100 deductible. I love Geico customer service, and feel their price is adequate. I have twice used the rental car feature to the full extent, saving me over $2500 in two years!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am paying $140 month for my 2013 Ram and 2011 Durango. Clean records for my wife and I. $500 deductibles, with Allied Insurance.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I pay about $1700 a year for my '09 QC SLT RAM
$1,000,000 policy, Full Coverage
$500 deductible

I need to get Renters insurance to cover everything in it though
the insurance companies don't want to cover what is in the Ram, without padding the cost

·
Registered
938 Posts
OP, I've been with allstate about the same amount of time, similar driving record, same age, and I pay less than $80 a month for my '12 qc. Thats odd it was so much more. Is it location? 4wd. vs. 2wd? Dunno. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP, I've been with allstate about the same amount of time, similar driving record, same age, and I pay less than $80 a month for my '12 qc. Thats odd it was so much more. Is it location? 4wd. vs. 2wd? Dunno. :4-dontknow:
They couldn't give me an answer. My new insurance agent had no idea either. She couldn't believe the price difference. For my 2000 Ram 1500 I was paying $48 a month for liability.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I pay $160 for my 2011 ram sport, and my other vehicle. And I'm 23.
Except I just go a 19mph ticket last weekend so im scared to see... ha

·
Registered
193 Posts
I thought trucks had lower insurance rates then cars due to safety and such. I pay 130 bucks for both my truck and my little car. I used to have Allstate until they screwed me now I have statefarm also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I switch ins every couple years between usaa and geico. I always get the this is the best I can give ya so I move on. Just switched back to usaa when I got the new truck. Renters and truck ins $140

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
:LOL: just did an online insurance search for lowest rates I can get.. $274 a month.. I am paying $200 a month right now because I am grouped with my parents insurance. What else would be expected for a 21 year old with a 08 4x4 and a speeding ticket for 15km over.. On a 100km major highway. That is also with roadside assistance and a 2 way alarm system with a killswitch installed professionally too.

I think the cheapest vehicle when I was searching around last year for me was a 98 Chev 2500 4x4 reg cab long box.. Still a bit over 200 a month.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I thought trucks had lower insurance rates then cars due to safety and such. I pay 130 bucks for both my truck and my little car. I used to have Allstate until they screwed me now I have statefarm also.
For me to drive a little car like a stupid civic.. The insurance would be more then the vehicle per year.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i saved money on my insurance converting from my '11 Ranger 2wd to my '11 Ram 4x4 :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I pay $110 full coverage on a 2007 quad cab 1500 --- 4x4....I know 4 wheel drive jacks up the price....people in 2wd tend to get in a lot less trouble.

I am 22 and have a speeding ticket a couple years ago for 18 over.....I feel like $110 is pretty fair considering. State Farm. I am coupled onto my parents even though I haven't lived with them in years.....Only saves me 210 a year, but i'll take it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sate farm too. quote for a 2012 was 725 every 6 months, 500 deductible and included GAP insurance. my 02 was gonna be 500 every 6 but i decided to go with liability instead for 207 every 6 months. my car is 137 every 6, liability

·
Registered
156 Posts
For full coverage for both of us on our ’13 Ram & ’06 Altima, in addition to full classic coverage on my ’67 Bronco ($20k coverage) & ’67 Camaro ($30k coverage) we pay $110/month total. Our deductibles are really high at $1,000 but I figure if we are at fault we deserve the punishment. LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts