DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced a leaking valve cover on the drivers side (used FelPro) and while oil does not appear to be leaking from the valve cover gasket, I am getting oil all over the engine and under the hood, and I cannot figure out where it is coming from...:confused:

The oil filler cap is on tight and I have watched it with the engine running and can see nothing obvious...It may be that it is just happening when am I actually driving it...

Any thoughts, hints or suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PCV valve seems to be in place...

The oil appears to be spewing from somewhere on the driver's side of the engine compartment...

·
Registered
86 Posts
R u sure it's engine oil n not power steering fluid or brake fluid? Maybe even the tranny if it's an automatic, it could spew from the dipstick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it might/could be another fluid...but I don't see anything happening at idle...

How do I determine if I can't actually see it happening?...

I guess I could get someone to rev it up and watch...

Thanks all for your feedback...I do appreciate it...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Might post a larger pic of the whole driver side engine compartment. It may be a rusted brake line that sprung a leak. Inspect all the brake lines around the master cylinder and ABS unit. Cover on the master cylinder reservoir in good shape?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts