DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looking around for some interior parts for my 2012 ram 1500. So far all I am looking for is the wood bezel, and a door of the top glove compartment, mine never had the top door on it so I would need some assembly kit I am assuming. Does anyone have any idea of where to find these things?

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
id try junk yards and eBay. I don't know whats involved in adding the door though

·
Registered
71 Posts
Junkyard would be your best bet for the glove box door, that is where I got mine. You actually have to replace the whole upper assembly, not just the door. I didn't take pictures when I did mine, but basically you drop the lower glove box out. Then you can look up and see one screw holding a tab on the back of the storage cubby you now have. Remove that screw, then the cubby pops out (has spring clips around the front). Remove the "cubby" from the wrecked truck the same way. The door is held on by 4 screws (I think) in the hinge assembly. You will also need the metal striker for the door latch which is held on with 2 screws. Be sure you keep the screws you remove from the wrecked donor truck.

Once you have the parts removed, re-install in your truck in reverse order. The door goes in first, and it is a PITA to get it tucked back up into your dash correctly where everything lines up, but it will fit and the screw holes for it are there. Add the metal striker for the door latch. Then install the "cubby" last. The one I got had a light for the cubby, and I cut the wiring harness long, but I haven't wired it up yet. I didn't find any sort of plug taped up in my harness that would work for the light, so I am just going to tap into a 12v and ground somewhere under the dash. It has been cold and snowy/muddy here for the last month, so I haven't taken the time to do this.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts