DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a replacement step pad for my 2014 Ram 1500 Lonestar crew cab. The only ones I've been able to find have been the short 24 in replacement pad, but on my truck I've got the full cab length pad. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Contact Benny from Mopar Online Parts. He should be able to get you what you need and will hook you up with free shipping for being a member.

Never seen this happen to this type of step

·
Registered
1 Posts
The edge of the pad on my side step is separating the same way as shown in your picture. I've tried to reattach it with several different types of adhesives including 3M Body Moulding Adhesive but no success. One of those small quality things that are disappointing and hope Ram has been able to correct.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Exactly What's Happened To Me...............

I have a post somewhere on this. I think it's in the 2011 section. On my side of the truck both my shorter pads started lifting up on the edges.

They are both screwed on by 6 screws which were the pits trying to unscrew. It's discolored under the pads (black) and looks like hell.

I was thinking of using some kind of adhesive to put them back on by I see by this post that it won't work doing that.

I can either paint the whole board black so at least it all matches or just take the board off. I never use them anyway (running boards) as I just step over them. The only reason I put the boards on is so the wife quits griping about getting into the truck.

Hopefully someone can find a solution to putting these pads back on. :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts