DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our RAM 2500 w/Cummins engine, to tow a 5th wheel. Bought it out of our immediate area, as the dealership didn't have what we wanted. We bought the Mopar warranty, so have to do the maintenance by the book, to guarantee that they will honor the warranty. (Feel stupid showing up for oil change with only 4000 miles on the truck).

Our local dealer has been an absolute mess. Drop for oil change and wait for vehicle. Took half the day. They were supposed to top off the DEF and didn't (on any of the services). Today they quoted one price for fuel filter service and price was 3x that when we picked it up. Ends up a math error on their part, but still 2x what we anticipated (not knowing that there are 2 fuel filters).

I've gotten some references for other diesel shops locally, but wonder about recall work, etc. (Already 2 recalls on it). Will these shops be able to access the TSBs, etc.

Just would like the Forum's thoughts on this. Very frustrated. On our Toyota and Hondas, our local dealers were decent enough. These people are outright crooks.

Thx in advance,
Casey

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
What town is that dealership in ?
Maybe one or more of the members on here can point to a good local dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What town is that dealership in ?
Maybe one or more of the members on here can point to a good local dealership

We are in Redlands, CA. This is the Inland Empire of So Cal area. Willing to travel some to do this right.

Another question: We can get warranty service at any mechanic, correct? I assume that it is easier with a dealer, but any decent mechanic should do the work? I know recalls certainly easier at the dealer.

TIA.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
You can use any mechanic or yourself to do oil changes
You must keep all of the receipts & write down the date & mileage

When it comes to repair work, you either have to use any FCA/Chrysler/Dodge Dealership or another ASE Blue Seal shop or at least a person the ASE Certified for the type repair being done
Look for the these shops near you with the RED bubble
http://www.ase.com/Landing-Pages/Ca...op/Shop-Locator.aspx?Address=92320&d=75&sc=us

Using an ASE shop to do your repairs allows you to keep your Warranty in effect
Personally i just stick with dealerships now
I once used a ASE Certified Shop to do my Transmission Service & the dealership would not recognize that the work had been done, i had the Lifetime Power Train Warranty & i know that Ram could not void the warranty because i had the right paperwork

1 - 4 of 4 Posts