DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contemplating a lightbar for the better part of a year now, but I still haven't found a mounting solution that I like. I'm not a fan of the roof mounts on a near stock truck. I would love to throw one in my bumper, but my bumper doesn't have the solid opening. Anyone here have a bar mounted with this bumper?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
I kind of see light bars as baubles, generating a lot of glare but not a lot of real utility.
Putting some serious thought into improved reversing lights though, the factory ones are not sufficient and I'm not exactly sold on the LED ones. Again, lots of glare but "hurts my eyes to look at it" isn't the same thing as "sends a lot of light out where I need it"

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I kind of see light bars as baubles, generating a lot of glare but not a lot of real utility.
Putting some serious thought into improved reversing lights though, the factory ones are not sufficient and I'm not exactly sold on the LED ones. Again, lots of glare but "hurts my eyes to look at it" isn't the same thing as "sends a lot of light out where I need it"
Put yourself behind the wheel with a Rigid Industries led light bar in front if you want to see serious quality and useful light, they are extreme on the cost side of things but you put light far down the road or out to the side where it's supposed to be, but be prepared to open your wallet. They are high end lights on the quality scale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've used lightbars on trucks many times for work purposes, having more light is always good. I've got the led bulbs in my reverse lights, it's a slight improvement but I'm still looking for something brighter

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Well if you looked at the picture of his truck, he doesn't have tow hooks. "Hard to tow something with a light", yeah...........and just what exactly do you tow with yours?
The tow hooks are super handy for standing on when I'm in the engine bay. I use them every oil change. Also for tethering my dogs when I wash the truck

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Also the tow hooks are not for you to tow with, they are to tow your truck out. Pulling in reverse on CV axles is just not a good idea. spamPALA's shattered CV joint reminded me of that

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts