DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ceramic I've heard reduce the brake dust significantly. Never had them before (or not that I've known about).

·
Registered
417 Posts
Out of curiosity how many miles/km do you have on them. I just ordered Carbotech Brake pads for mine. My brother swears by them and has them on everything from his race car to his motorhome. I had always heard the Hawk Pads were the way to go but big brother says the Carbotech Pads are better so I thought I would try them out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ceramic pads are hard to come by for the 2010's. I wanted to get the Hawk Ceramics for my truck, but they just weren't available. I settled on the Hawk LTS. I bought them from Karbelt for $60 + tax. I also bought the Hawk Quiet Slot rotors. Should be getting them this week.

BTW... I have 65K on my truck

JJ

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Autoanything has a huge selection of parts, but sadly, getting them up across the border here into Canada is rather expensive. I just bought my Volant CAI from them. The price was great and I was even able to take advantage of the first time buyer's discount. But don't get fooled by the "Free Shipping" banners all over their website. It only applies to the continental US. That Volant CAI cost me about $90 in combined shipping/brokerage/local tax charges. Still, all said and done, it was much cheaper than the prices I was getting up here. Van & Truck World quoted me $700 for the same set up.

To get a set of brakepads brought up here though, I would think it would be too cost prohibitive. A $60 set of pads would probably end up costing double that once delivered to your door step. Just not worth it.

Now if you were thinking about getting a few other things from, maybe bumping your order up to $400 - $500 worth, then the shipping charges would probably be a lot more palatable.

JJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Clark, my last comment wasn't a jab at Autoanything per se. It's just how it is when shipping things across the border. Like I said, I was getting prices of $700 CAD locally for the same CAI kit. All said and done with Autoanything, it was around $450 CAD to my doorstep.

Nonetheless, it good news to hear you're trying to make things better for the canucks.

JJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ill be glad when auto anything

opens here, those 2 dealers listed have limited product or dont answer the phone
mickey mouse

·
Registered
566 Posts
I settled on the Hawk LTS. I bought them from Karbelt for $60 + tax. I also bought the Hawk Quiet Slot rotors. Should be getting them this week.
JJ
Hey SawdustJ, let us know what you think about those rotors and pads combined. When the time comes I too want to go slotted and would love to hear how yours are working out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
No problem.

As soon as I get them installed and get a few miles on them, I'll post a thread on what I think. Give it a couple weeks or so.

JJ

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
EBS gets my vote. I was always going back and forth between the yellow stuff EBC pads and the Hawk ceramic on my camaro cuz i could never decide which ones i liked better.

EBC makes your truck have a bunch of funny colors on it though and it makes me laugh every time haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts