DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my jba shorties and am going to install them soon,I'll also be getting rid of the stock y pipe at that time. My question is should I run a dual in/dual out muffler or should I run an x pipe with two single mufflers. I love noise, I'm not willing to sacrifice performance for it though. I have a magnaflow 14 on right now and it's not nearly loud enough. I don't care about price I just want it to perform and sound good. Also has anybody ran jba mufflers on their ram? Haven't seen anybody mention that on here.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I run a magnaflow dual in dual out with an internal x pipe on my Lightning with LT headers and it is plenty loud. Shortie headers will not sound the same as long tubes.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
^^^^ those work nice!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I did mine after the cats. its about where the front and back doors meet (granted I have an 08 so it might be different spot for you) then i rant the wire up across to the driverside along the frame then through a hole in the fire wall. I can post pics in a few weeks (I'm out in the middle of the nowhere doing crazy army shit right now) theres a control box and a keyfob the control box is hidden in the center under the cupholders behind the panel and a wire comes out plugs into the power outlet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just went to true dual exhaust with flowmaster 10 series mufflers and love it. I've been through them all magnaflow, flow 40, muffler delete, ect and this is by far the best. Just did a trip to Florida from AL and got 19.8 MPG. cost about three hundred bucks total.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts