DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently getting my trans rebuilt with some after market upgrades to handle the extra torque of the diesel with a mild chip, and also having both axle fluids and additives changed and checked for wear...but I'm not sure which programmer is best for the Cummins...

Bully Dog, Edge, Hypertech or Banks?? 50-70Hp gain...100-150 TQ gain...nothing nutty...:thk:

I am just looking for a little extra oomph when towing my trailer through the mountains, and some extra economy when I'm not...I don't want to be doing burn outs or going to the track chasing quarter mile times...it's my work truck that I want to be a little more that what it is...:smileup:

What is your experience?

Later.

·
Registered
13,681 Posts
I don't have any experience for you to go off, but I would say that banks pretty much owns the diesel tuning world, especially the cummins. The other names are all known, but if the price is right, I'd say go with the banks, it is most likely the best as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're just looking for a little extra, the smarty jr is probably the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have any experience for you to go off, but I would say that banks pretty much owns the diesel tuning world, especially the cummins. The other names are all known, but if the price is right, I'd say go with the banks, it is most likely the best as well.

I would like to respectfully disagree.

Banks is probably the best advertised product out there, but you can have a lot more power for a lot less money. Banks offers 'safe' power, but you spend a lot of money for their name.

Go to any big diesel specific website, see what the opinion of banks is.

·
Registered
13,681 Posts
I would like to respectfully disagree.

Banks is probably the best advertised product out there, but you can have a lot more power for a lot less money. Banks offers 'safe' power, but you spend a lot of money for their name.

Go to any big diesel specific website, see what the opinion of banks is.
Well like I said I don't have a diesel and don't have any experience with them, and agree their prices are high, all I was getting at is the cummins trucks that I've seen with the banks kits are very strong and the product looks really nice. I'm sure there are other great products and better bang for the buck products.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know a lot of guys who run the Edge Juice w/ Attitude for the 5.9 Cummins. With you already having the 600 series 5.9 you have a good powerplant to work with and the Juice offers I believe 5 levels of adjustablility and also comes with a monitor. Last I checked these are in the 550-650 dollar ball park.

·
Registered
30 Posts
look int the safe module Stealth works great for small power gains and mpg gain and townig performance along with good street performance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts