DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2016 r/t bounces and jiggles a little at slower speeds...when you hit the gas and drive fast it seems to soak up the road better...but I can't always drive it like that in the city....smooth roads are ok ...but theres not to many of those here...rockauto has performance monroes and kyb gas adjust at a reasonable price...are they ok....thanks guys:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good info....just want a smooth ride over old roads...just stock height...found deal on bilstein b-6 4600 shocks.....292 dlrs...to the door...are they any good...bilstein says there the same as 5100s....without height adj.....oh and zinc coating ....what do you think...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have the Bilsteins in my R/T and they are slightly firmer than the stockers.
thanks ddelalldata....what bilsteins did you get 4600s or 5100s...if you got the 5100s can you give me the part # for frt and rear...can find them for our trucks 1500 2wd single cab...hope you can help...oh also did you have to use a coil compressor to mount fronts....

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
I have 4600s on my truck, they are their "HD" line for work trucks. They are fairly firm, which may be just what you want on an R/T, but I like the ride unloaded and they are very controlled when loaded. If you are lowering I would probably go with something designed for that but IMHO for stock height the 4600s are tough to beat for the price. You need a spring compressor for the fronts on a 4wd, but not a 2wd.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok......bilstein 4600s for front....you cannot get 5100s for r/t....4600s in front and 5100s for back.....anyone see a problem....heard the 4600s in back feel like your riding rigid when unloaded...and that's the way I drive it....so 5100s in back....and the stiffer 4600s in front.....hope it's a nice combo....let me know if anyone has tried it....will be ordering in a week or so....thanks guys
:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok......bilstein 4600s for front....you cannot get 5100s for r/t....4600s in front and 5100s for back.....anyone see a problem....heard the 4600s in back feel like your riding rigid when unloaded...and that's the way I drive it....so 5100s in back....and the stiffer 4600s in front.....hope it's a nice combo....let me know if anyone has tried it....will be ordering in a week or so....thanks guys
:4-dontknow:
0k...I got the 4600s on the front and 5100s on the back....it's soaking up the rough roads here ....tires seem planted on the road.....at higher speeds very smooth....impressed....bilsteins....not bad...no jigglely and bouncy anymore....thx guys..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok...I got the bilstein 4600s on the front and 5100 on the rear....nice ride...don't feel the bouncy/jiggily on rough roads...seems more planted on the road...maybe a little firmer...but well dampened...I like them...freeway at speed theres no more floating/boating type feeling...corners very good...it did before though...so I think money well spent....

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
ok...I got the bilstein 4600s on the front and 5100 on the rear....nice ride...don't feel the bouncy/jiggily on rough roads...seems more planted on the road...maybe a little firmer...but well dampened...I like them...freeway at speed theres no more floating/boating type feeling...corners very good...it did before though...so I think money well spent....
Are you lowered? The 5100s have an inch more travel since they are designed for a mild lift, so I'm curious if that affects anything

1 - 16 of 16 Posts