DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to my local audio video dealer today looking for a box that will go under the seat and fit 2 12" subs they were asking $250 dollars for the box, on internet sites i can find boxes for my truck for $100-$140 is there a difference in sound quality? or is the audio store just trying to make a buck off virtually the same product?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The shop is probably trying to make money off a box they bought for $100. If they are going to build the box to fit your truck specifically and be a clean install it might be worth the $250. But check with the material of the box and how much air space will be available for each sub. The Fox Acoustics boxes have an incredible amount of space being advertised at 1.55ft^3 per side. After shipping for a vented enclosure for 2 12's it should end up being around $205 to your door through them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i checked that site out and they have vented and sealed boxes which would be better ? They are actually on sale right now too! and is there a difference in sound quality between the plastic or whatever fox acoustics uses as compared to wood?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just installed a single 12" fox box with a jlw3 and it bangs for a single sub, plus I was very happy with the speed in which I received the box

·
Registered
406 Posts
Vented or sealed depends on what music you like, how loud you want your system to be etc. That said, I always go vented, its louder. If you go sealed and its not loud enough your SOS and have to sale that box and get another one. Plenty of topics of vented vs sealed....................

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a fox box under my rear seat for two 12's and I love it and the quality is outstanding and when I got them installed at an audio place they couldn't say anything besides they loved my box and are very impressed with it

Here are some of my pictures of it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts