DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get some tips to fill the bumper better, like the magnaflow cat back. I really like the look of those tips and that they are double walled. RBP has two nice tips I have been looking at. I am like the one cause it is double walled, but I really like the other one cause it has more of the look of the stock tips and the magnaflow one, I just dont like that they arent double walled. What do you guys think. I am leaning towards the single walled ones cause of the look.

Double walled ones:
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=54_55&products_id=161

Single walled:
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=54_55&products_id=47

·
Registered
698 Posts
I am looking to get some tips to fill the bumper better, like the magnaflow cat back. I really like the look of those tips and that they are double walled. RBP has two nice tips I have been looking at. I am like the one cause it is double walled, but I really like the other one cause it has more of the look of the stock tips and the magnaflow one, I just dont like that they arent double walled. What do you guys think. I am leaning towards the single walled ones cause of the look.

Double walled ones:
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=54_55&products_id=161

Single walled:
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=54_55&products_id=47
They both look good, but is that RBP plate required. Kind of kills the smooth look for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My only problem is RBP is the price, their stuff is of the best quality but it is EXPENSIVE! You could easily get them powdercoated for much less.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Those are nice, however look at the 4 inch Magnaflow tips. Those are what I have and they fill that hole nicely. Actually I wish I would have went with 5 inch.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
are tips stirctly for looks or do they also affect the sound? just asking cuz i dont know lol

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
are tips stirctly for looks or do they also affect the sound? just asking cuz i dont know lol
Strictly for looks. I have them on mine and they look great. Mine came with the Magnaflow cat back exhaust I upgraded to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Strictly for looks. I have them on mine and they look great. Mine came with the Magnaflow cat back exhaust I upgraded to.
Actually I beleive the tips do affect the sound. I was told by an exhaust shop that bigger diameter tips produce a louder sound (it amplifies).

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Actually I beleive the tips do affect the sound. I was told by an exhaust shop that bigger diameter tips produce a louder sound (it amplifies).
Its a very small sound upgrade not worth $200 if you ask me if you want bigger tips most muffler shops sell them for like 50-70 bucks hell my magnaflow muffler was cheaper then those tips lol

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You may be right. Just seems like it would not make much difference but I guess a slightly larger tip could amplify more. Either way, they look good!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the mufflex 14 and I looked into those tips but I thought I read on hear some were that they weren't worth the price. I definetly want a 5inch to fit the bumper nicely. I am probaly gonna go with the 18 inch single walled on. It looks more like the factory tips and the mufflex ones as well as the ones in the magnaflow cat back system. I can't seem to find any other company that has what I am looking for.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I have the mufflex 14 and I looked into those tips but I thought I read on hear some were that they weren't worth the price. I definetly want a 5inch to fit the bumper nicely. I am probaly gonna go with the 18 inch single walled on. It looks more like the factory tips and the mufflex ones as well as the ones in the magnaflow cat back system. I can't seem to find any other company that has what I am looking for.
If you have a midas or mineke in your area cheack them out they sell tips there to

1 - 16 of 16 Posts