DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody having any issues with a higher pitched whistle noise coming from the gap where the mirror folds in?

I notice it after I reach about 40mph and it just gets worse the faster I go. If I put my finger over the gap it stops.

Any fixes out there or cases I can bring up to the dealer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
627 Posts
My mirrors don't whistle on my 19 Laramie so I'd guess is the fix is to replace it as not all do it. Probably hard to safely get a video but it shouldn't be hard to show the service tech the problem.
I do hear airflow over them but not a whistle.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Anybody having any issues with a higher pitched whistle noise coming from the gap where the mirror folds in?

I notice it after I reach about 40mph and it just gets worse the faster I go. If I put my finger over the gap it stops.

Thanks!
Hello Rammin88,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. If you could please send us your VIN privately, we can try taking a further look into this from our end.
Laura
RamCares

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do a little checking on your own. If you think its that gap, put a piece of tape over it and see if it quits. If it does you can help your tech take care of problem quicker and get your truck back to you quicker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do a little checking on your own. If you think its that gap, put a piece of tape over it and see if it quits. If it does you can help your tech take care of problem quicker and get your truck back to you quicker.
It does stop when I cover the gap with my finger. It's just extremely annoying hearing it while I drive with the window down. I'll be at the dealer with the issue soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
No, just air flow noise over mine. I've got that same whistle, but it's coming from the windshield area. Usually at 50 mph and higher to highway speeds. Does anyone know if these trucks have active noise cancelling built in for road noise elimination? I know that sounds weird, but that is something I overheard in the Dodge repair waiting room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts