DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2019 Ram 1500 and on the windy days I hear a whistling sound at 65 -70 miles an hour. Dealership has replaced the side mirrors and the door trim. The sound is still there. I have put a tape on the sunroof trim and also on the windshield trim but it is still there. I am a first time Ram buyer and it is a shame that the brand is recognized for quality and somehow missing on the basics. I know RAM knows about it but is turning a cheek from all the owners on here that have complained about it.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Maybe I have missed the treads, but this is the first one I have seen on this subject. Tape a plastic bag over the mirror to eliminate it as the source. Make sure you cover all the way up to the door frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2019 Ram 1500 and on the windy days I hear a whistling sound at 65 -70 miles an hour. Dealership has replaced the side mirrors and the door trim. The sound is still there. I have put a tape on the sunroof trim and also on the windshield trim but it is still there. I am a first time Ram buyer and it is a shame that the brand is recognized for quality and somehow missing on the basics. I know RAM knows about it but is turning a cheek from all the owners on here that have complained about it.
That was the initial diagnosis by the Ram dealer and they replaced the mirrors but it didn't solve the issue.

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
646 Posts
I’m having flashbacks to that commercial… where the truck is whistling in the air tunnel… and the guy walks up and drops a sleeve over the radio antenna! 😂🙊😂

“our trucks aren’t allowed to whistle while they work”

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
First lesson never believe any car dealer on anything , ever . either One of the above may solve your issue .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly as candid as these discussions are I am willing to try anything at this point. I just walked out and looked at the antenna. Now, few days ago I titled my sunroof and the noise went away. Yesterday my little one did mention that she thinks the sound is little amplified in the rear. So, today I am going to tape the antenna and observe if tilting the sunroof actually took away the airflow to the antenna in the back. Fingers crossed as we Ram owners act as engineers.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 Built-to-Serve edition
3 Posts
Let us know once you are able to figure it out. Have exactly the same issue. Honestly ignored it. I don’t feel comfortable letting the dealership rip through the truck. Will just leave it as-is until the next trade-in

·
Registered
22 Posts
have you checked the door alignment yet? at times this is the missing link. from there I would have them replace the weather stripping around the door(s)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue and it appears to originating from the inside. If I have the outside vent air coming in, the passenger door whistles. If I switch to recirculate, it goes quiet, even at higher speeds. Every once in a while it will whistle with the recirculate activate, so I deactivate and then reactivate it and all is quiet again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let us know once you are able to figure it out. Have exactly the same issue. Honestly ignored it. I don’t feel comfortable letting the dealership rip through the truck. Will just leave it as-is until the next trade-in
The noise is still there even after I taped the antenna. Also, per internal Ram documents which is titled service bulletin (fancy name for issue known to the manufacturer but does not warrant recall) the windshields on some of these trucks are installed below the frame. As a last resort I am waiting for the dealership to do a good faith or I will file an insurance claim for the windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 but no sunroof. I have notice the sound you mentioned. I do have a freaking squealing brakes issue. About to drive me crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a long time dodge lover💚(70's💚💥), have a 14 1500.(amongst other pieces)..I'm embarrassed that Dodge doesn't take our love and appreciation for their Muscle, design and Power in a MORE SERIOUS MANNER. We could always go elsewhere....don't want to, but not showing respect to whom buys your product and PAYS YOUR BILLS AT HOME AND BUSINESS just doesn't give a consumer a GOOD feel.
🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚫

·
Registered
3 Posts
The noise is still there even after I taped the antenna. Also, per internal Ram documents which is titled service bulletin (fancy name for issue known to the manufacturer but does not warrant recall) the windshields on some of these trucks are installed below the frame. As a last resort I am waiting for the dealership to do a good faith or I will file an insurance claim for the windshield.
It's coming from behind the dash on the passenger side. Its more noticeable with the window cracked at highway speeds. Must be coming in from under the hood or at the louvers in front of the windshield.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2019 Rebel. I get the whistling sounds on the freeway anywhere between 75 + depending on which direction the wind is blowing is my best guess. It's not a constant sound. I just completed a 1,500 trip. South/East bound no sound. Going west bound it drove me crazy. In fact I called (through the truck) to a good friend who works at the Chrysler proving grounds in Chelsea, Mi. He heard the sound while I was driving. For me, it's the A pillar. When it whistles I can grab the "oh shit" handle and you can feel the vibration through it. He said there was an issue with some trucks that had a faulty window installation? Of course not enough to warrant a recall. With Covid my local dealer wants to keep the truck and try to replicate the sound and go from there. Since it doesn't happen all the time I don't know if I want to leave my truck for a few days until they "replicate" the sound... ON top of they won't give a loaner, you have to rent a car if want your own transportation....

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 Built-to-Serve edition
3 Posts
I have a 2019 Rebel. I get the whistling sounds on the freeway anywhere between 75 + depending on which direction the wind is blowing is my best guess. It's not a constant sound. I just completed a 1,500 trip. South/East bound no sound. Going west bound it drove me crazy. In fact I called (through the truck) to a good friend who works at the Chrysler proving grounds in Chelsea, Mi. He heard the sound while I was driving. For me, it's the A pillar. When it whistles I can grab the "oh shit" handle and you can feel the vibration through it. He said there was an issue with some trucks that had a faulty window installation? Of course not enough to warrant a recall. With Covid my local dealer wants to keep the truck and try to replicate the sound and go from there. Since it doesn't happen all the time I don't know if I want to leave my truck for a few days until they "replicate" the sound... ON top of they won't give a loaner, you have to rent a car if want your own transportation....
Exactly my point not worth the hassle and I use the truck for work. It’s nice of the dealer to offer to check it but I am not confident they will be able to diagnose it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a 2019 but no sunroof. I have notice the sound you mentioned. I do have a freaking squealing brakes issue. About to drive me crazy.
Take it back to the dealership. They are suppose to replace it for free because Ram is replacing them. Mine squealed when I put the truck in reverse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s probably the back window my 19 had that on really windy days and the back window leaked water when it rained they replaced it when the glass shop removed the Old window we found it had plastic tabs that spaced the window out from the cab and the seal was not good there the new window had the tabs removed
Automotive tire Grille Rectangle Wood Bumper
Automotive tire Grille Rectangle Wood Bumper

1 - 20 of 30 Posts