DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m new to Ram too and my 2019 has that real loud whistling noise on windy days at about 70-75mph. Seems that it happens whenever I’m in a crosswind, and I’ve even noticed it can change from left side to right side depending on a slight direction change. It’s hard to duplicate unless the right conditions happen, but it is loud enough to be really annoying. I never noticed it with the tow mirrors but I changed from tow mirrors to the auto folding mirrors and now I get the noise - but it could be I didn’t run the tow mirrors long enough and hit the crosswinds at 75mph. I’d love to hear if somebody finds a solution because I like the Ram better than my old Silverado, but with long trips planned that noise is going to get old real fast!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The noise is still there even after I taped the antenna. Also, per internal Ram documents which is titled service bulletin (fancy name for issue known to the manufacturer but does not warrant recall) the windshields on some of these trucks are installed below the frame. As a last resort I am waiting for the dealership to do a good faith or I will file an insurance claim for the windshield.
I have a 2016 that’s done the very same thing since new. It’s also had the windshield replaced twice (due to rock dings). Neither new windshield had any effect on the noise. I have lowered the drivers window (all the way down), opened the door and put significant inward pressure right at the upper forward curve of the door. In other words slightly bend the door inward. It worked for me eliminating the whistle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Someone asked if our trucks can whistle while they work..... I know my 5.7 Hemi does.....It starts at around 4000 rpm and gets louder as the RPMs climb and your accelerating like a bat of hell........

You know your hauling A$$ when your Hemi's whistling like a steam pot...............

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same issue and it appears to originating from the inside. If I have the outside vent air coming in, the passenger door whistles. If I switch to recirculate, it goes quiet, even at higher speeds. Every once in a while it will whistle with the recirculate activate, so I deactivate and then reactivate it and all is quiet again.
Same here, cannot find the leak.

·
Registered
168 Posts
...I do have a freaking squealing brakes issue. About to drive me crazy.
Take it back to the dealership. They are suppose to replace it for free because Ram is replacing them. Mine squealed when I put the truck in reverse.
Wear components are only warrantied for the first 12 months so it probably won't be for free since it's not a safety issue (no recall).

I took my truck in 3 times for squealing brakes. The first 2 times was within the first year and the 3rd was a little over a year. They didn't charge me for the 3rd visit since it was already an issue from before. New pads, calipers, and caliper brackets and it was 95% cured. Now 18 months later and it's back with a vengeance. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe I have missed the treads, but this is the first one I have seen on this subject. Tape a plastic bag over the mirror to eliminate it as the source. Make sure you cover all the way up to the door frame.
Great idea, except it occurs at 70 mph in a crosswind, so I’d have to stop on the freeway, find a bag and tape- well, you get my drift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2019 Ram 1500 and on the windy days I hear a whistling sound at 65 -70 miles an hour. Dealership has replaced the side mirrors and the door trim. The sound is still there. I have put a tape on the sunroof trim and also on the windshield trim but it is still there. I am a first time Ram buyer and it is a shame that the brand is recognized for quality and somehow missing on the basics. I know RAM knows about it but is turning a cheek from all the owners on here that have complained about it.
I had this issue. My dealer replaced the driver side door seal and resealed the wind shield. I feel like the wind shield reseal solved the issue. Anyway it doesn't whistle any more.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts