DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Just got the truck fully naked today. Was a bit apprehensive about taking off the Hemi badges, as I am quite proud of it, same with the 4X4 badge.

However, I must say I am really very happy with the clean look I have now.

Huge shout out and massive thank you to fellow member LC Hauler who basically did all this and did an awesome job. Enjoy your beer buddy!

Without further ado, here are the before and after pics, and also the leftover pic too!

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
nice to get rid off the plastic welders flash material
nice job

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks really sharp. Did you leave on a "1", your pic of the badges is missing a 1. ;)
Heh, I knew someone was going to notice that!

I think my son dropped it somewhere after we took it off, can't find it anywhere. Chris if you see it, hang onto it for me, lol

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Nice truck! How do you like those mud flaps? Any thoughts on painting them to match (Bright White)? How well do they work? I've got to get something for my white Sport. It looks terrible after a good rain here (always better than a black one though!).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice truck! How do you like those mud flaps? Any thoughts on painting them to match (Bright White)? How well do they work? I've got to get something for my white Sport. It looks terrible after a good rain here (always better than a black one though!).

The mud flaps are pretty good, when I first got the truck it didn't have them on, and the sides of the truck were a mess after a few days. I find they do a pretty good job at keeping the road gunk off of the truck.

I went with these molded ones because I do like look and it goes with the white/black theme. I prefer them to the other Dodge ones with the chrome insert.

Only complaint is that they don't seem very durable. Cheap, plasticy type of material. Got a few small cracks in them alright.

I did consider getting them painted, I saw a picture on these forums where a guy had done that, and it didn't look too bad, but it didn't seem like that would be an area of the truck that would keep the color looking good.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey it looks really good! I know what you mean about the Hemi and 4x4 badges. I'm quite proud of the 4x4 ones. I spent an extra $3k+ for that option. Plus I wouldn't have been able to get out of the parking lot at my apartments without it. I need to debadge though simply because who or whatever put the HEMI badges on my truck did not line them up perfectly with the RAM 1500. They are a little crooked.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really looks great. What is the best way to de-badge?
I'm not very experienced in this, but I learn fast. The way LC Hauler did mine, was to use a heat gun, and heat the badges, while using a little plastic prying tool to gently pop the badges off. We peeled the black stick gunk off with our fingers, and any that couldn't be peeled off he used an eraser wheel. That stuff came off instantly with that and didn't harm the paint at all.

I've seen a few different methods being used on this forum, but this one looks like by far the quickest and easiest.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm not very experienced in this, but I learn fast. The way LC Hauler did mine, was to use a heat gun, and heat the badges, while using a little plastic prying tool to gently pop the badges off. We peeled the black stick gunk off with our fingers, and any that couldn't be peeled off he used an eraser wheel. That stuff came off instantly with that and didn't harm the paint at all.

I've seen a few different methods being used on this forum, but this one looks like by far the quickest and easiest.
Thanks. I think I have a heat gun somewhere in my garage. Maybe I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks great with all the badges gone!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey it looks really good! I know what you mean about the Hemi and 4x4 badges. I'm quite proud of the 4x4 ones. I spent an extra $3k+ for that option. Plus I wouldn't have been able to get out of the parking lot at my apartments without it. I need to debadge though simply because who or whatever put the HEMI badges on my truck did not line them up perfectly with the RAM 1500. They are a little crooked.

I debadged my white sport as well and removed the Hemi and 4x4 badges. I figured that anyone that couldn't tell it was a 4x4 or couldn't figure out it had a Hemi based on the 5" dual exaust tips, wouldn't care anyway. I'm looking to install the bolt-on look fender flairs painted to match.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts