DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me if each individual dealer chooses their own affiliate shop to handle the rust protection option or is there a set company? They want $810 CDN for the service here in Ontario Canada. Lifetime protection and no reapplication I was told. The price is a touch ridiculous IMO

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Call Igor at Krown Lakeshore in Mississauga. Tons of people from the local car forums swear by that place for price and service. It should be at least a few hundred less from memory.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone had to make a warranty claim with Krown re: rust? who fixes it if you religiously use Krown and it still rusts? Most likely not Krown? Do they want full on perforation before they will fix it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I recently had my RAM Krown proofed for $119 (taxes in) with my CAA card.
Watched them do it thru the bay window and was impressed with their work. They even spray washed the exterior when they were done.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This week on CTV Toronto news they featured an owner of a 31 year old GM that had been oil rustproofed each year by either Krown or Rust Check (*can't remember). Two rust repairs had been done twice previously but now denied as repairs exceeded current value of the vehicle. Same as my 01 Dakota bought new in 02 with Chrysler lifetime no rust guarantee. First rust repair over rear wheel wells in 2010, second repair at the front of driver door in 2011 and was told no more would be done as the price they had paid for repairs then exceeded vehicle value. Lifetime isn't necessarily lifetime

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This week on CTV Toronto news they featured an owner of a 31 year old GM that had been oil rustproofed each year by either Krown or Rust Check (*can't remember). Two rust repairs had been done twice previously but now denied as repairs exceeded current value of the vehicle. Same as my 01 Dakota bought new in 02 with Chrysler lifetime no rust guarantee. First rust repair over rear wheel wells in 2010, second repair at the front of driver door in 2011 and was told no more would be done as the price they had paid for repairs then exceeded vehicle value. Lifetime isn't necessarily lifetime

True, true. also proves all Krown and rust check /oil spray dealers do is prolong the rust anyway, I don't think 9 years for your trucks first repair is that great, if you got it done every year they obviously miss a lot of areas so whether we pay Krown or RC $120-$170/year for so many years then have to repair anyway, I might as well pay Chrysler $800 up front as its cheaper than 8-10 years of the other companies anyway and saves me have to book appointments and waste time each year if its just one application as they say. Also seems strange that two small rust repairs exceed the vehicles value even 10 years later. How much was the 01 Dakota worth in 2011? Surely well more than two little rust repairs, at that rate they are trying to say each rust repair was worth a couple of grand each? Ridiculous

·
Registered
148 Posts
^^ ^ thinking my Chrysler rustproofing in '02 was something like $375 with an original asking price of $700 to 800. There's room to bargain. They never showed what repair prices were, repairs were done at a nearby independent body shop.

The rear wheel wells bubbled in '08 but they wouldn't do repairs until the panels perforated in '10 - I wasn't very happy with that. A few days after getting the truck back from the wheel well rust repairs bubbles started appearing again, it was returned to the shop and the subsequent repair was still fine a year and a half later/

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
^^ ^ thinking my Chrysler rustproofing in '02 was something like $375 with an original asking price of $700 to 800. There's room to bargain. They never showed what repair prices were, repairs were done at a nearby independent body shop.

The rear wheel wells bubbled in '08 but they wouldn't do repairs until the panels perforated in '10 - I wasn't very happy with that. A few days after getting the truck back from the wheel well rust repairs bubbles started appearing again, it was returned to the shop and the subsequent repair was still fine a year and a half later/
Not sure who I talk to then because the finance guy was the one for add-ons and accessories and he wouldn't budge a penny on the side steps or the rust proofing so far. Maybe I should ask another dealer? My 95 suburban years ago cost about $400 one application and no real rust until 2008 no perf until 2010. This guy says as soon as bubbles appear that's when they fix it, is he Bull sh*tting me?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Not sure who I talk to then because the finance guy was the one for add-ons and accessories and he wouldn't budge a penny on the side steps or the rust proofing so far. Maybe I should ask another dealer? My 95 suburban years ago cost about $400 one application and no real rust until 2008 no perf until 2010. This guy says as soon as bubbles appear that's when they fix it, is he Bull sh*tting me?
I was told by dealer, they use ziebart, it`s applied only once. The underneath is a product that the dealer supplies, The doors, tailgate, fenders are sprayed with just an oil base product that ziebart supplies. Price $800
Ask your dealer who applies it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts