DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a double din Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Nav/Stereo and I am wondering how to mount & secure the stereo in my 1-1/2 din dash-someone has had to overcome this same issue (I don't want to secure the stereo to the dash cover, I can't imagine there would be enough support) any ideas or pics (especially completed installs) would be cool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
well first off you'll have to cut the bezel out some quit a bit actually and then you can actually fill in the hole with fiberglass and bondo or somehow to make it square or you can do what I did and make the hole contour to the factory curves and just make a trim ring to go around your radio they also sell these trim rings in different sizes i just made mine out of 1/4 mdf and covered it in suede ill post some pic tomorrow.

also on securing you can either bend some mild sheet metal in to an l bracket looking thing or use some mounting strap that can be purchased at walmart for 1.50 I used mounting strap as I had it lying round

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut, filed & filling gaps in the dash as we speak, slow going trying to get it right the first time so I don't create more work for myself. Post your pics, I haven't seen many still trying to figure out how I'm gonna cover my fabrication up. I'm taking pics as I progress to post so others can see a step by step from fabrication to install. Should be finished in a week.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have single din with double din screen check it out easy to install....

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
I installed one but i used a double Din Bezel that I had to buy

·
Registered
228 Posts
just buy the bezel for it only 100$ and what radio you have and how many speaker you have

all that depends on what you need and on how much you have to spend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts