DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a CB radio for my truck and was wondering where you have it mounted. I have been looking around here and haven't seen any threads on it. Im trying to keep it as clean as possible.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome i would appreciate it. Im going to get a tool box and mount the antenna to that if i decide to do this and make it look clean. I was going to try to get it under the dash if it would fit. Just need some options.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome i would appreciate it. Im going to get a tool box and mount the antenna to that if i decide to do this and make it look clean. I was going to try to get it under the dash if it would fit. Just need some options.

Couldn't wait haha ran outside and snapped this off real quick, sorry for teh poor quality my phones been dropped 1000 times. but anyways, i just used two pieces of velcro tape and it holds pretty well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thank you for your enthusiasm how does it look from outside the truck through the windshield? Im starting to think that will be the best spot for it

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot! that really helped and i gave you some rep points for that!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was thinking about getting the Cobra 29 NW LTD classic radio so not sure if it would fit in the dash that did cross my mind though

·
Registered
220 Posts
While your at it, you could mount a "fuzz buster" under it and hide it since it's so hard to tame these hemis... lol. Just kidding. I know traditionally one would like to have access to the controls for the squelch, etc, but if you get it set and dont need to mess with it, how about under the steering wheel behind the plastic, with the mic. mounted somewhere with access. Just a thought...

AClark, how much range do you get with it mounted that far from the cab? I've always been curious how much difference it makes...

·
Registered
67 Posts
While your at it, you could mount a "fuzz buster" under it and hide it since it's so hard to tame these hemis... lol. Just kidding. I know traditionally one would like to have access to the controls for the squelch, etc, but if you get it set and dont need to mess with it, how about under the steering wheel behind the plastic, with the mic. mounted somewhere with access. Just a thought...

AClark, how much range do you get with it mounted that far from the cab? I've always been curious how much difference it makes...
It depends where you are, when im driving around the town with my buddies its easily like two or three miles but then when im out in the desert where there are mountains than like a mile. Ive noticed it also depends on how well the other people your out with have their cb's tuned, I bought an SWR tune and we all use it before a trail run but it still only works within a mile or two. But there are also of factors that play into how your cb will work haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and thanks for the pictures they are very helpful

1 - 20 of 22 Posts