DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Do you know who The Stig is?

• Some say he’s a rogue CIA experiment, sleeps upside down like a bat & is illegal in 17 US states

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Who?

Votes: 11 23.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
The name came from Clarkson and Top Gear producer Andy Wilman, who both attended the public school Repton where a ‘stig’ was the nickname given to all new boys.

I don't recall watching the show
But now i know he was fired & his own company is going bankrupt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Top Gear

who doesn't know who the stig is...

Anyone see the episode where they come to America and have the American (fat) stig race around the track? Insulting but hilarious
This is the one where the ******* hillbilly inbreads chase after them because of the writing on there cars!

Your right it was Hilarious.

I'm from the UK, and just spent time over in the states. The American version of top gear is not that good. (nor is the Aussie version I've seen also)

IF any of you haven't yet you need to watch the UK version. It's brilliant!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The name came from Clarkson and Top Gear producer Andy Wilman, who both attended the public school Repton where a ‘stig’ was the nickname given to all new boys.

I don't recall watching the show
But now i know he was fired & his own company is going bankrupt
Dont trust all you read on Wiki, you obviously dont get the whole 'The Stig charictor judging by your response, The Stig still lives on Top Gear UK, I assume you never watch UK top Gear (and now Top Gear US who has a stig too). Maybe the humour is lost on some of my American cousins, :box::box2::gy:

·
Registered
125 Posts
My guess is the American Top Gear "Stig" is Paul Tracy (just speculating becuase of the the supercar showdown show that he co-starred in with fFoust). The current UK one? no idea. The US version is getting better, but the original UK version is still the best by far.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The US version of top gear is about 12% as funny as the UK version. The only one Ive enjoyed was the dually showdown. But there isnt a single UK Top Gear I haven't enjoyed watching. Best show ever

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The US version of top gear is about 12% as funny as the UK version. The only one Ive enjoyed was the dually showdown. But there isnt a single UK Top Gear I haven't enjoyed watching. Best show ever

I've watched one and a half US Top gear shows and was hoping id enjoy it but I have to agree with you. It just doesn't seem to work with them trying to replicate each the UK presenters.

As for Mr Stig,I've als heard some say his skin has the texture of a dolphin's, and that wherever you are in the world, if you tune your radio to 88.4, you can actually hear his thoughts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
first thing, US Top Gear just sucks, and UK test drives most of the awesome American cars (CTS-V, Corvette, Challenger, Mustang etc.) but their show is just awesome. It's funny, entertaining, and their trips are fantastic and a joy to watch.

Some say that his back yard bottle rockets started the Cuban missle crisis, and that he once shaved a wild Boar with a an Exacto Knife

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I just enjoy the way they beat the hell out of whatever they drive. If its suposed to be a performance car. By damed it better! Or they break it! You don't see that from the girls that do road tests on new cars in the states.

G

·
I have to agree, I love the way they flog those cars. It's good to see someone put those over priced "members only" vehicles through real world stuff, although a little extreme sometimes lol. Also love the challenges, nice to see I'm not the only one with a "warped" sense of humor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
for years the stig was never revealed some said it was Mansell, Hill even Hamilton the last season for some reason they said who it was why I dont know... Clarkson gets into trouble often because of his mouth, hampster gets the brunt end of the small jokes and captain slow well he's just a bore really, still watch it some of the races are silly they always say the US cars are crap LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts