DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite so my birthday is coming up next week and Im thinking about asking for a lowering kit. Im looking at the belltech with shocks just because for the price you cant really beat them.... problem is I want like a 3/5 or 3/6...

so who has cut their springs on their lowering kit? Id love to see pics :)

Also where is the cheapest place to buy beltech from???

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd like to see a 3/5 too. I've installed the 2/4 on my 2009, but I've been wanting to do another inch all the way around but I haven't just yet. We shall see though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I plan on running a 3/5 drop on my Ram. The way im gonna do it is...
Mcgaughys deluxe Spindle kit 2/4 and ill cut my factory coil, a whole coil out of the front and rear. Im also gonna add the Belltech Street Performance shocks. Its gonna cost more.. But the ride is gonna be better than stock and ill also be staying very close to the stock Geo of the suspension of the truck by using spindles. So the alignment wont be all out of wack.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is 4x4 so no spindle option for me, I'm just going to have to see the springs to see how much I can cut.

Teen ram, how big are your wheels

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just wondering why lower a 4x4?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would not suggest going any lower then a 2/4 with a 4WD lowering 2" in the front already puts the cv joints that there max angle any lower you will have major issues with front end.it sucks I know only way around this is to get custom made cv joints and axels that can deflect a lot more.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wondering why lower a 4x4?
I bought the 4x4 just to deal with snowy roads for safety, I love the look of lowered trucks

I would not suggest going any lower then a 2/4 with a 4WD lowering 2" in the front already puts the cv joints that there max angle any lower you will have major issues with front end.it sucks I know only way around this is to get custom made cv joints and axels that can deflect a lot more.
A step ahead of you there. My good friends dad works in a Porsche/VW shop and is going to make me a set of Porsche CVs that handle retarded angles. It really just puts the most stress on the CVs when they are at angles like that and having power put to them, its not as hard on them in 2wd

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine is 4x4 so no spindle option for me, I'm just going to have to see the springs to see how much I can cut.

Teen ram, how big are your wheels
26. I was thinking of doing the 3/5 without the 26s if I took them off. I currently have the 2/4 drop with the 26s and it looks good to me. :smileup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
26. I was thinking of doing the 3/5 without the 26s if I took them off. I currently have the 2/4 drop with the 26s and it looks good to me. :smileup:
Why not ru the 3/5 on 26s and let them sit just above the tire? One of my good friends works at DPE and when the time comes for me I am going to be running a set of 26s dumped as well. Theyre gonn abe a 3 piece and designed around my truck though to hug into the wheel wells a little to not worry about bumps setting the fenders on the tires

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why not ru the 3/5 on 26s and let them sit just above the tire? One of my good friends works at DPE and when the time comes for me I am going to be running a set of 26s dumped as well. Theyre gonn abe a 3 piece and designed around my truck though to hug into the wheel wells a little to not worry about bumps setting the fenders on the tires
That's the reason I probably won't lower it anymore with the 26s. With the 26s and the 305/30 tires, the rims stick out about a half an inch, maybe an inch from the body of the truck. Looks good, but one good bump with it being lower and the fender will definitely be hitting the top of the tire. I drove it from NC to GA earlier this month with no issues at all besides some shaking/vibration, but I need to get my rims rebalanced. :LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts