DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last build was 2 ID12s in custom fiberglass boxes in the back of my old ranger. I wish I still had that old truck...

Anyways, I finally decided to replace the factory sub with something more powerful. Starting to work on a fiberglass enclosure for under the rear seats for a single or dual 10s. So, how do you like your 10? If somebody stole it would you buy the same one again or get something else???

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I absolutley love my 10's they hit extremely hard and have lots of great wubs. never would have expected it

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Running two 10" Type Rs in a sealed box under my rear seat. Running 500W each.
Nice clean tight bass. Can rattle the change if you want her too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
what style music do you listen to?
I had 10s back in the day but I've been listening to more edm lately and I have the feeling I'd appreciate the 12 more.
I wish I could hear what they sounded like

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies!! It is going to be a hard decision...

I had 10s back in the day but I've been listening to more edm lately and I have the feeling I'd appreciate the 12 more.
I listen to a little bit of everything... mostly rap and rock though. I wish I could fit 12s but I just can't sacrifice the space. If you can fit 12s you will likely be much happier...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I like my country, thats probably 80% what I listen too. When she's around, the bass is turned up and she has her hits playing...
The 10s work good for the country, not to overpowering but still a nice punch

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have 2 polk mm 1040 10 inch subs running 400 watts to each one in a sealed box. if I could go back I would have gotten a much better box, my center has a flex to it and I lose a lot of hit. plus I would put in money to get some modifications done for rattling. my 2008 ram rattles pretty bad like the front windshield, back sliding window, and where the a/c control panel is has a slight vibration (most people probably wouldn't notice it but im OCD about my bass). but the subs are clean as hell and hit loud but im about to buy a new and better box.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am running 2 10 Infinity 1100 watt max subs being pushed by a 1500 watt Audiopipe class D amp. They hit hard... I enjoy them but when it's time to upgrade them in 6 months I will install 2 Memphis subs/audiopipe 1500 watt + subs/ 3000 watt amp

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am running 2 10 Infinity 1100 watt max subs being pushed by a 1500 watt Audiopipe class D amp. They hit hard... I enjoy them but when it's time to upgrade them in 6 months I will install 2 Memphis subs/audiopipe 1500 watt + subs/ 3000 watt amp
I picked up the same Infinitys. Just could beat the price and all the positive reviews made the decision easy. Hope to get them installed in the next few weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts