DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently only 3/4 full. I noticed when I pulled into my driveway last night, there was a steady drip of fuel on the driveway, one drop every couple of inches. So a relatively heavy drip.

I gave it a day to dry up, pulled in again tonight, and more drips.

This time, I can see it actively dripping from my wheelwell, see photo.

Any idea what is wrong? What I will need to do to fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did you overfill it with fuel last fill up?
If fuel gets caught between the inner and outer flap on the filler pipe, then it will run out.
And, there is a vent line that runs up along side the filler pipe with a filter screen on the end of it, it too can drip if you over fill.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did top it off at my last fillup. How long can I expect it to drip? As I said, I am currently down to 3/4 tank, and it is still dripping.

I have done some looking around, and see that it may be the way the filler neck is made to prevent water from getting into the fuel system. I did pull the nozzle out half way to top it off, so apparently, when I did that, it let fuel into the area between two check-valves and that is the fuel that is "overflowing" into my wheelwell. Hopefully it stops dripping soon...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I did top it off at my last fillup. How long can I expect it to drip? As I said, I am currently down to 3/4 tank, and it is still dripping.

I have done some looking around, and see that it may be the way the filler neck is made to prevent water from getting into the fuel system. I did pull the nozzle out half way to top it off, so apparently, when I did that, it let fuel into the area between two check-valves and that is the fuel that is "overflowing" into my wheelwell. Hopefully it stops dripping soon...
Yeah, you can't top off and you have to leave the nozzle all the way in, stop filling after first click off.
Diesel is like oil, it doesn't dry up very fast, so it could drip a while.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might wanna check for a leak in your fuel line. I had a fuel line split open in my 3500.
I will keep an eye on it for a little while, to make sure it doesn't dry up. Then check lines. But it sounds like it was purely my own fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts