DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great deal of research, I recently purchased my first Ram. When initially shopping, I headed over to the Ford and Chevy dealers for two reasons: First, Chevy was heavily advertising their "active fuel management system" on the Silverado and I loved the idea of that technology and the fuel savings that come with it. Secondly, as someone who tows a boat, I really like the "trailer sway control" the Ford has been touting.

When I test drove both of those vehicles, salesmen touted these two features along with some others as being "unique to their brand."

Imagine my surprise when I test drove the the Ram and discovered not only these two features, but many more that I associated as being on the other trucks due to their advertising, were on the Ram.

The truck market is very competitive right now and for lack of awareness, I looked at two other brands for having specific features I desired.

I learned some valuable lessons in this process. First, don't believe everything you hear about a product line's "exclusive features." Second, do your own research on-line and in person. Third, ask a lot of very specific questions (take your list and force a detailed response). Fourth, test drive them all and see for yourself. Fifth - BUY A RAM!

I cannot help but wonder why Dodge is so quiet about the specific ways their trucks match up and are superior to their competition. I get that the cost of advertising is high, but the cost of silence may ultimately be higher...

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
I think its because most Ram owners prefer to do their own research, and not listen to the hub bub dealers are trying to pass off on them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Back in 03 I was looking for a new truck and have been a chevy owner sense I was 16 but in 03 I was tied of the same ol same ol and bought my first new 5.7 Ram and have not looked back at Chevy sense o3, in that time I bought a 06 SRT Charger and then another new 08 5.7 Ram.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
First, don't believe everything you hear about a product line's "exclusive features." Second, do your own research on-line and in person. Third, ask a lot of very specific questions (take your list and force a detailed response). Fourth, test drive them all and see for yourself. Fifth - BUY A RAM!
Excellent points. Great job on doing your homework. :rep:

K

·
0 Posts
I went to three Big 3 dealers and went Ram because they were the only dealer that had a 4x4 reg cab short box on their lot. I have had no problems with mine in the 4 months and 4500 miles other than the self inflicted stuff ie hole in roof-fixed 3075.00, a 4-6 inch scratch in the front bumper-leaving that and lastly a small dent in the tailgate backing up-leaving that as well. Hey it's a work truck. Now if it was my car I would cry but deep within I know I am not keeping the truck for more than 2 1/2 years so no biggie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts