DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the first time since I have had my Truck that I have been able to get out and really take a look at things. I had checked the air filter before but never noticed the box. I took the box off and cleaned it and this is what I see.

and this

I can only think he was trying to get some extra air into the system with this HACK JOB I mean "mod". Anyone else see any other purpose for this?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That's what it looks like.:4-dontknow:...Good enough reason to get a CAI???..Rob

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Yeah, I know about Duncan. When we moved back to Canada we moved onto Maple Bay Road.... just outside of Duncan, but went to Mill Bay to finish high school. I kind of miss it, you know, the running over of drunk indians on the reserve, the knifings outside of the strip joint, the 7 stop lights along the highway as you go through town.... yup, miss every moment I'm not there.

·
Registered
16 rebel hemi quad cab
1,289 Posts
Poor mans cai? Id agree good enough reason for a new cai lol

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Poor Canada.....

·
Registered
754 Posts
Is this like a only in Canada approved mod or what??? you guys up there are something else.. Just kidding love the bear hunting up there.. shame you guys can't own guns or watch FOX news... just kidding...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
On my truck, the previous owner just drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the housing. I wish it was still stock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is some realy bad thinking on that air intake-lol. But yup he was trying any way--i guess. Wonder how much crap got inside, realy though you now have the perfect reason to get a nice air intake-just fyi-spectre has a realy nice and affordable deal going on right now might want to check it out. LOVE mine.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It's not a big deal. As long as you do it on the correct side of the air filter.

me....

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
:LOL:You know about Duncan??? Truck is actually from Penticton but ya an HST avoidance there for sure. Oh well another year and we won't have it.
I'm surprised. I'd have guessed Vernon/Coldstream if coming from the valley. :D

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
yup..for more airflow..you don't realize how much it can take until you open it up more..I did the same in mine before i got a real cai and it did perform better..

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
WOW its scary that someone thought that was a good idea. you cant fix stupid.
whats stupid about it..it's still before the air filter....you wanna stay stock stay stock....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts