DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to obtain the "wide stance"? Right now my tires come just past my fender wells. Do I just need to get a wider rim? What about offset? I run 275/60/20 Cooper Zeons on stock rims w/ a 3 in PA body lift. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've looked into wheel spacers, and I'm kind of sittin on the fence with those. I don't think paying $300 for two more inches of space is going to get me very far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help! What is the deal with the clearance? The tires and rim height would be the same right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a new idea! I may have to give that a try. Thanks for your help! If worst comes to worst, I may need to throw on a leveling kit with my body lift to squeeze them in. But I'll def have to try the cardboard tube idea. Thanks!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't consider the 12 offset either. That's always a possibility. I think I'm going to do a bit more researching on them. I'll keep you guys posted on whatever mods I go with. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think it will work with just a 3" bodylift. For wide stance like that, would probably need a 6" suspension lift to clear for rubbing. Most trucks I have seen with that wide of a stance have had 6" lifts.

As Curtis said, you have to watch out for your laws about what is legal. I think in my province tires can't be 3" past the body, so flares are needed for anything over 3" past. Mine are about 2" with 12.50 tires on -12 offset.

Wonder if I would have the clearance now if I went with -12 or -24 offset w/ just the 3 in body lift? How did yours work out with the -12? Did you have any spacers on the front or fit them with ease?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.