DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first my wife was ok with me getting the truck, but once we were at the dealership she fell in love with it. Now she wants the truck for herself as her car. I've been going back and forth with this idea. :4-dontknow: I love the truck, but it would make sense to just have the truck and the vette instead of 3 cars for only 2 of us. :i_rolleyes: Has anyone else's wife stolen their truck from underneath them after they purchased it :wow:

·
Registered
190 Posts
My wife will not drive my truck. Too big and she's afraid of something happening to it because she knows how much I love this new Black and Silver Laramie!

Jim in Pa:smileup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife will not drive my truck. Too big and she's afraid of something happening to it because she knows how much I love this new Black and Silver Laramie!

Jim in Pa:smileup:
That's how I am about my vette, that's why she wants the truck. But I want to be selfish and keep both for myself :LOL:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My wife won't touch my truck. She just said something about if anything ever happened to it while she was driving it, I might die a little inside or something...:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
340 Posts
The wife has not even tried to sit in the drivers seat of my new truck and she only drove my old Ram when she had to. Not sure why.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife LOVES to drive my truck. And man, does she look HOT driving it, is there anything sexier than a hot wife in a beautiful RAM? But, she does respect the fact that it is MINE!! Luckily, she loves driving her Escape, so, it makes it easier.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
My wife uses the truck when needed, but she is not comfortable driving it, it's too big and she has trouble judging/seeing around in tight areas. She's only driven it probably a handful of times in over a year, and usually when we are travelling so it's highway. First time she took it by herself she curb rashed all 4 of my brand new cooper zeons somehow....it's much funnier now than it was a year ago lol.

If she's comfortable with it and will take car of it let her have it. My wife is great about protecting my truck, parks far away, on end spots against the curb, doesn't lean on the paint, stops completely before changing gears unlike many people, etc. I'd be fine with her taking it but she just needs to get comfortable with it.

EDIT: I should probably mention, if my wife were here she'd add this "Seeing as how the title is in MY name, I'll do whatever I want with MY truck..."

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,363 Posts
That's how I pretty much ended up with my '81 Ram, my ex didn't drive it, they let me do what I wanted with it and even though I didn't like the truck at first, once it grew on me, that was it, mine all mine lol! Someone were to want my truck now, they'd have to pry the keys out of my cold dead hands lol but I say if she wants it and takes care of it, why not let her have it. It's at least in your driveway so it's not like you couldn't use it right? :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
140 Posts
My wife hates driving my truck or any truck for that matter so I get to keep it for myself. Now if I wanted to keep a Vette (told wife 2 years away from my mid life crissis) I would just buy a manual she won't learn to drive one.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
My GF only feels safe in the truck. On long trips in the RC she will actually sleep on a small foam pad on the floorboard between the front seats where the center console used to be. I knew I was in trouble when she ran some errands in it, got back and exclaimed, "Man that thing flies!"

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
To the OP
It is yet one more sacrifice you will find that you get to make during your married life. My wife loves to drive the truck, and I've learned to live with it.
Jay

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Before this thread goes any farther, pics of the vette or BAN!!!! lol

Krissi (my fiance) takes the truck whenever im not looking. If were going out to dinner and I dont run out and jump in the drivers seat first shell jump in and get it started and everything and wait for me to come out... She wants one too... and I HATE driving her little altima lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts