1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been in the business of outfitting/upfitting police vehicles for nearly 8 years. A headlight flasher will not work on taillights, since each tail has its own separate input for turning. You need a tail light flasher for that. It is isolated to provide output to the brake and reverse bulbs/LEDs and will override when you command the turn signals to come on. I have installed hundreds of these, and I have one or two lying around.
http://www.soundoffsignal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ETFB00-P.pdf

Another option you may want to consider is the Able 2 SHO ME LED S/T/T flasher module that will give you a multitude of different wig wag and strobing flash patterns on your taillights and then then override to normal functions when you brake or turn. Part number is 11.1005STT. I've installed several of these and they work great! I have an extra one lying around here somewhere.

http://www.able2products.com/pdfs/11_1005stt_instructions.pdf

Hope the info help!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
check your States Laws about Wig Wags
in California for instance, you must be an Emergency Services vehicle to have them
i believe volunteer firemen's private vehicles could be covered by this law

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into those products. As far as the law is concerned, they are allowed in Indiana and Kentucky as per my research. I supervise road construction, so while I'm not lumped into public safety, I do need to stand out and be visible, particularly when I'm entering a site and don't want Joe Q Public to follow me behind barrels or barricades.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I would go with Whelen TIR 3 in yellow if allowed in your state. I have 4 Stingerz 12 in my front grille and 2 just above my rear bumper with a Sho-Me strobe flasher along with a quad LED dash light. I have no problem clearing traffic when responding to emergencies.
I didn't want to splice into the vehicles stock system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigman1500, can you confirm that the ShoMe flasher can be hooked up to the LED tail lights on my 2013 Ram Sport? The diagram makes it appear that the flasher is for external LED light units so I want to confirm before I start installation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sigman1500, can you confirm that the ShoMe flasher can be hooked up to the LED tail lights on my 2013 Ram Sport? The diagram makes it appear that the flasher is for external LED light units so I want to confirm before I start installation.
I have not used the sho me STT led flasher on a 2013+ ram OEM LED taillight. The kit is designed to turn any 12 volt led light into a STT and warning flasher combined. As long at the ram LED brake light runs on 12V on the Stop/turn function, it theoretically should work. If I had the OEM led brake lights I would try it since I already have the flasher module. But I don't so all I can do is speculate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts