DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at different cold air intakes, and decided upon the Volant. I can't seem to find a 2012 one on autoanything, or even ebay. So I'm wondering if the 2011 Volant will fit my 2012?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did the stock airbox Mod on my 2012 and after drilling the same amount of holes as the guy did in this write up

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=57541&highlight=airbox+mod&page=2

I found it was way way wayyyy to much intake noise so I went to a local scrap yard and got the lower part of the stock intake off a 2009 and it fit right into spot no problem on my 2012 so if the stock intake from a 2009 will fit into my 2012 I'd say your good to go

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Yes, 2011 model [Volant 160576] WILL fit. The installation instructions are poor, but the fit/look is typical Volant.... top notch!

I did the stock airbox Mod on my 2012 and after drilling the same amount of holes as the guy did in this write up

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=57541&highlight=airbox+mod&page=2
Thos holes are drilled into the box's underside, correct?

How does this method not induce warm/hot engine compartment air into the air intake?

Kinda' defeats the purpose, dun it?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Yes, 2011 model [Volant 160576] WILL fit. The installation instructions are poor, but the fit/look is typical Volant.... top notch!

How does this method not induce warm/hot engine compartment air into the air intake?

Maybe its a Warm Air Intake :LOL:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
For those that dont know ,
the Volant has a Large 3-1/2" diameter hole in the base

if you dont have a cold air feeder tube on it, you need to seal it with something or it will suck warm air in too. ;)

My Volant gets a double dose of Cold "Rammed" Air

·
Banned
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those that dont know ,
the Volant has a Large 3-1/2" diameter hole in the base

if you dont have a cold air feeder tube on it, you need to seal it with something or it will suck warm air in too. ;)

My Volant gets a double dose of Cold "Rammed" Air

Your pictures are what made me decide on the Volant :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
73 Posts

Which is exactly why I went and got a new box and all I did was six 1" holes on the fender side where the stock air intake draws it's air from I did none on the bottom because as you said it's counter productive

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Happy to Help!

BTW, who ever moved this CAI thread from the 2012 Ram section to the Exhaust section...:lam:

:wrongforum:
Hahahahaha! Maybe because there was so much talk about hot air! :LOL:

I moved it up a notch. :)

BTW - If your installing a Volant CAI, it doesn't fit to great at the best of times. I did a mod to mine that improves the fit a lot and seals the 'cold air' duct to the fender. After that, you either have to duct the bottom or cap it off to maintain the 'Cold Air' part of the formula. Here's a link - http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93848

1 - 13 of 13 Posts