DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 5.9L Magnum. I want to run open headers this summer. I will use open headers and have a downturn pipe at the end of both headers. Yes its going to be loud, that is my absolute goal is the loudest possible. I live in a borderline rural/semi-suburban area where everyone has loud cars so I am really not worried about cops. Obviously running open headers I will not be running a cat, nor will I have a place to put my downstream O2. I was wanting to know if maybe a Superchips tuner had the ability to program the downstream O2 out of the computer. I also wanted to know if long tube headers had a place for the upstream O2 sensors or where I put them.

Helps appreciated. Thanks. :smileup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
No it won't and not sure any tuner will. You can check with Sean (hemifever) who sells the SCT tuner and see if he can help.

Good luck. Removing the converter on these trucks serves no purpose but usually makes them run like crap.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
No it won't and not sure any tuner will. You can check with Sean (hemifever) who sells the SCT tuner and see if he can help.

Good luck. Removing the converter on these trucks serves no purpose but usually makes them run like crap.
Agreed

OP I would run your headers into a hi flow cat, and use non fowlers and then do your turn down.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed

OP I would run your headers into a hi flow cat, and use non fowlers and then do your turn down.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance
Would it be too unconventional to just remove the CEL bulb from my dash and then use the CEL indicator on the tuner? I am wanting a really nice tuner (Android powered, full color, touchscreen, etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts