DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to find good used parts in hawaii. Final drive is going out in my 02 2wd. A guy is parting out his 03 4x4 and I was wondering if anyone knew if the gearing on the rear end of the 4x4 was similar or if it would even bolt up to my truck?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work. The rear end has nothing to do with the 4wd. It simply has a driveshaft running from the transmission the the rear end. As long as it is the same generation truck, it should bolt up no problem. Sorry to see that no one answered you. And, no question is a dumb question. You may not know what everyone else knows, but the only way you learn is to ask. Good luck.

- Christopher

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm guessing that you've already done whatever you're planning on doing since it's a month later, but I thought I'd weigh in. I also don't see any reason it shouldn't work. One thing you should note is that the rear end will likely be a different gearing, likely a little taller gears. If you wanted, it wouldn't hurt to check with your dealer to make sure the U-joints are the same and go measure on your truck and his where the "pumpkin" is on center. The only reason i could see a difference would be if the transfer case would be a reason to move it to the side, but I doubt it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts