DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2014 1500 with 35s on 17inch rims with a 4 inch lift. I have a cap on the back and don't want to lose bed space by throwing a 35 inch tire back there. Didn't know if anyone has tried to see if it fits where the factory spare goes on their truck. I think I might be close with the space but also don't know what the winch is rated at weight wise. I've picked up 2 screws/bolts in 2 different tires in the last year and have been fortunate enough that they can get patched/plugged. Just want to have a safety blanket of having a tire that will match the others in the event I get another flat and dont have many options on a tow.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I haven't tried myself but a board member has stated that 275/65R20 is the largest that will fit where the spare is.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a 33" under my 2013 and it seems like there is about 2-3 inches of extra room. I would try taking one of your tires, lay it on a piece of plywood on top of a floor jack, and after removing your spare jack it up into the location and see if fits. Would be quicker then trying to crank it back up. That way you would know for sure.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 315/70/17 wouldn’t fit, the problem will be clearance at the rear trackbar if you were doing offroad, so I mounted the spare in the bed, I hate it in there because of the space it takes, but because I do offroad the truck, I really want a full spare. I’ve been thinking to get the Smittybilt defender rack, drill the roof and attach the rack in there, then mount the tire in the rack, in the meantime, the spare is in the bed secured with a NFAB rapid spare mount, easy in/out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts