DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, been reading and reading and can't find an answer. I know some of you have experience with this (rlandon, mtnbiker, F. Drebin) I've got a 2011 Ram Diesel with the RBZ 430 radio. U-connect, no nav, and no factory amp that I can see. Will the PAC-CHY23 work with it? I have 3 JL Audio amps and possibly an MS-8 to hook up and was wondering if this was the best route and if it will even work since I don't have the factory amp. If I don't go the MS-8 route I'd look at the JL Cleansweep for simplicity. I'd also like to get the DVD player working while in drive and it looks like I'd need a LOC Pic for that. I currently have the entire interior removed from the truck laying down Damplifier Pro, CCF, and MLV and I'd like to run the wires while it's out. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not sure if you figured it out yet, but I just happened to be looking through the site. If you have the 430 it should be factory amped, thus it will work with the CHY23. Both the 430 and 730 are premium systems and have amps. Be sure to get the PAC SNI-1 noise isolator, you'll thank me later! Hope I'm not too late on your response? PM me if you need rather than waiting for me to visit the site. I've been busy on side projects and haven't been here since I finished my install as much as I should.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Also, yes you'll want the Lockpick v4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've looked under the steering column as I heard that's where the factory amp is mounted. It's definitley not there. It's not the Alpine system. I've got the 3" in the dash and normal 6x9's in the front and rear doors and that's it. The PAC site says it will only work with the factory amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts