DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i bought some tires that fit my truck with rims that fit my 99 dodge ram 1500. So they have a back spacing of 3.75. Well one rim the lug holes are shot. I am looking at a new rim that is off a ford f150 92. The only difference is the back spacing is 4 insead of 3.75. Could i just put a .25 spacer on that one wheel so all four stick out the same or will that mess up everything?? any help would be great.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah that would work, but what to you mean by the lug holes are shot?

but personally though I wouldn't mess with that route.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the lug holes were streched out, the lug nut wouldn't sit prop so they kept backing off on that one rim. and this is just a temp thing until i get the money to buy all four new rims. I want to get my 35's on though.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Are you using the proper lug nuts for the wheels? How are your wheel studs? Have you tried swapping that wheel to another corner to see if maybe it's the wheel studs? I have never heard of wheels stretching, and if in fact thats the case I wouln't drive a mile on those wheels. Hopefully the previous owner just opened them up for some odd reason. If a wheel changes form from lug nuts, they don't belong on your vehicle or any vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am useing the proper lug nuts. I forgot to torque that one wheel and it ended up falling off when i was driving in town. Thats how the holes got larger and the mag style with washers don't work anymore. All the other rims are fine it was just that one that fell off and the holes got bigger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did replace the studs and lug nuts after that happened, and now the lugs walk off all the time. so i replaced the studs again and i said im not takin the risk with this rim anymore.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Gotcha, so the lug nuts and studs chewed it up. If this is only a temp fix you should be ok. I would keep the spacer at 5mm or less, unless you put longer wheel studs in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts